• Number of sites held: 20
  • Site fee: $$30.00 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0.00
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date:
  • Potluck time: TBD

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: mrcomer(click to contact)
  • Cell #937-409-3665

Attendees:
----------------------------
Mark & Linda Comer #1007
Tom & Sue Detty #1712
Hoyt & Mary Maisack #2034
Frank & Sandra Bennett #1140
Mike & Carol Conley #1814

Additional Info:
------------------------------
A $25.00 deposit is required. They DO NOT take credit card so your deposit will need to be in form of a check sent to them via snail mail.

All sites are full hookup, there are no bathrooms or shower houses but there is a laundry room. Rates for camping are for 30 amp or 50 amp sites. It is first come first serve so please get your reservations in as soon as you can. We were able to get all the sites close together and they will hold them until May 22nd after that the remaining un-reserved sites will go back open to the public. I allotted 20 sites, of those (15) are 50 amp and (5) are 30 amp. Some are back-ins and some are pull thrus. If you have a preference, please call ahead and ask them for these specific sites and note that on your deposit check.

Rates (taxes included):
1-2 nights $30.00 per night for (2) people, additional persons are $1.00 per night per person.
3 nights $75.00
4 nights $103.00
5 nights $131.00
6 nights $150.00
7 nights $165.00

Places to check out:
--------------------------
Lehman’s Hardware
Keim Lumber
Amish Door Restaurant
DerDutchman & Dutch Valley Restaurant
Boyd &Wurthmann Restaurant
Walnut Creek Cheese and Food Store
Mrs. Yoder’s Kitchen

Last edited:

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
Count us in.called and got reservations.This will be awesome since my DW grew up there.:D

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I am considering setting up a lunch or dinner at an Amish family's house. Please weigh in on whether or not you would like to attend this as a function for the Rally and if so would you prefer dinner or lunch? Which day would you also prefer Friday or Saturday? I don't have any particulars just yet but your initial information would help with decision making.

Thank you,
Mark

kkamshop

Mark, you picked a great location for a rally! We just spent the past weekend at Scenic Hills, and had a blast shopping and eating our way around Holmes County.
Unfortunately, we have another committment for the w/e of your rally, or we would have loved to attend!

mrcomer

OK people we're up to (4) rigs for now, how about the rest of you all?

Mark

mrcomer

Great news, well at least I think so. We now have dinner set up at an Amish families home for the group. It is an all-you-can-eat family style dinner for $15.00 per person. But since the Heartland Owners group will reimburse me for some expenses it will only be $5.00 per person. We will eat at 6:00 Saturday evening. The home is only a couple of miles from the campground and we could either meet there or carpool.

Mark

mrcomer

We would love to have you but I understand. Maybe next year on the way to Goshen.

mrcomer

Well we have (5) rigs reported for the rally. We are trying to recruit another Bighorn owner that just happened to already be here. Nice couple who purchased a 2006 Bighorn. We have a dinner scheduled at Maudie Rabber's home for the group Saturday evening. Just hangin out today and this evening so far.

Mark

AnnR

Have a great time at the rally! That is such a beautiful area - I am originally from Stark Co, went to college in Knox Co, and my mom is from Coshocton Co, so I know the region well. I'm visiting this August and can already taste the roast beef and oatmeal pie at Der Dutchman! Lehman's Hardware is always interesting, with a lot of products that are meant for Amish customers but could be useful to RVers too. I also recommend Hocking Hills State Park if you are planning to spend extra time in the area. Great hiking with beautiful scenery - rock formations and waterfalls. I'm not sure how their camping facilities are for RVs - I've only tented there - but it's definitely worth a stop for a day of hiking and sight-seeing. Other suggestions - the tiny town of Trail for real Trail bologna and Pearl Valley Cheese Factory for the world's best Swiss Cheese.

mrcomer

Well we made in and out of the Raber's home. Maudie really did a great job for us.

DSCN1153.jpg
DSCN1154.jpgDSCN1152.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.