Shorter LandMark?

wildwolfproducts

We were set on the Key Largo, even though I had been trying to talk my wife into something shorter. Then Friday while in East Tn, got to see a few Big Horn models. Plus seen they have a 35ft unit 3010RE, Started researching it. Got a price today. Price was within $6000. of each other. BUT the Key Largo has more options also. So price comes out to about the same. So the Big Horn with less is about the same as the bigger unit with more. LOL
Sure wish they make the Big Horn 3010Re with all the extra like the Key Largo. We both like the Big Sofa in and where the recliners are in the Key Largo. Plus the extra's that come with it. Like the Quite Whisper Dual A/C's with heat pump in the rear one. Plus the Outdoor ENT. package with the 32" TV and 11 Ft Power Awning. Then the Back up Camera, Plus the Fantastic fan in the Bathroom. PLUS.. Bigger and better frame and tires along with the bigger axles.
So guess even though I want a shorter camper. We may be going with the bigger one.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I had heard a while back they were considering a "smaller coach for the Landmark line. I've heard nothing since though. You might consider looking into the Big Country area. Heck, even the Sundance is a nice rig. I guess it all boils down to how fancy you need it to be. Have fun shopping.

If you go with the higher # axle you might look at the better brakes that are optional. We just took delivery of a 2013 Grand Canyon and even though it is several thousand pounds heaver than my Big Country trade in, it stops better because of the better/larger brakes. I got the better brakes but did not upgrade the axles. That is on my I wish I had done it list. But the 7k # are doing fine so far. the G.Canyon is the shortest Landmark right now. So far I have put it everywhere my 33 ft trade in went. Enjoy the shopping. All the options will be mind boggeling.
We were set on the Key Largo, even though I had been trying to talk my wife into something shorter. Then Friday while in East Tn, got to see a few Big Horn models. Plus seen they have a 35ft unit 3010RE, Started researching it. Got a price today. Price was within $6000. of each other. BUT the Key Largo has more options also. So price comes out to about the same. So the Big Horn with less is about the same as the bigger unit with more. LOL
Sure wish they make the Big Horn 3010Re with all the extra like the Key Largo. We both like the Big Sofa in and where the recliners are in the Key Largo. Plus the extra's that come with it. Like the Quite Whisper Dual A/C's with heat pump in the rear one. Plus the Outdoor ENT. package with the 32" TV and 11 Ft Power Awning. Then the Back up Camera, Plus the Fantastic fan in the Bathroom. PLUS.. Bigger and better frame and tires along with the bigger axles.
So guess even though I want a shorter camper. We may be going with the bigger one.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

You have to realize you are comparing apples to oranges here...especially concerning the frame and running gear. The BH is 34'11" compared to the Key Largo which is 40'6"...this size difference not only requires different frame, running gear, etc., but allows for different layouts, ie, sofa placement in rear, etc. Not to mention the Landmark has lots of features aimed directly at fulltimers...such as whisper quiet A/C, outside entertainment, backup camera, etc., etc....

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
In my view being able to watch the tv and not have to keep moving furniture is a key issue..

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our TV swivels, so I move it and not the furniture. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We moved the TV on the swivel for quite awhile...but it still was not optimal viewing from a side angle. Glad I swapped out sofa for a smaller one that can stay in the back....

DougS

Doug S
I for one would like to see a shorter Landmark, around 35 foot. I hope Landmark comes out with a shorter unit with all​ of the options of all other Landmarks for our next purchase in a couple of years.

K

karykatz

We are working on one as we speak. Will have one out in September

Hope this helps

wildwolfproducts

We are working on one as we speak. Will have one out in September

Hope this helps

Our plans were to order one by fist of June. But if its going to be about like the BigHorn 3010 RL but the back laid out like the Key Largo. I would sure wait for it.
Like the 3010RL BH, but would still like to get the outside TV. We both like the way the table fits into it on the inside. Plus the extras on the Landmark over the BigHorn..
I can hear Deric now. Come on and buy Please stop dragging your feet. LOL Plus my wife might skin my alive. But would love a Landmark around the 35ft Or 36ft with the power reel.

wildwolfproducts

I for one would like to see a shorter Landmark, around 35 foot. I hope Landmark comes out with a shorter unit with all​ of the options of all other Landmarks for our next purchase in a couple of years.

I agree 1000% would even let them build me one say the floor plan of the BH 3010RL but with the Big Sofa in the back and TV on the Drivers side.

kdubinwa

The best news possible is a 35-36 LM! All the goodies in a package that has more manageable pin weight for my F350 SRW. Count me in and timing is perfect.

jimtoo

Hi kdubinwa,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think your right about a little shorter Landmark and I think Heartland has heard from the folks on the forum. It looks like one is on the drawing board now.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

wildwolfproducts

I am already interested!!

X2 But just wondering if its worth the wait unit Sept to see what it will be? But then again the old says all good things come to the one that waits... Guess I can wait a little longer. That or just go with the BigHorn 3010RE, Got a new price on one last week. Has me thinking about dropping down to it. But then again would hate to buy it, to only trade up later on.
Pete

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just noticed on the Landmark MSRP price sheet updated 2/22 ... a unit called the Sequoia?!?!

kdubinwa

Kary,Any hints or info released before September on the new model? Like a few others I'm trying to fit my purchase window with the best available information.Best and thanks,Kurt

MTPockets

We definitely would have purchased a 35 ft. Landmark, but instead got the 3055RL Big Horn solely on size, but got some off-sheet extras - Yeti, bike rack hitch reciever, upgraded axles & tires, ...... Got most of the offered options too.... We're now real happy with our Big Horn (After a few mods & changes) .... Been here full time for a few months now - Size is perfect for us. Still a couple things to correct, but I guess that's gonna happen with any unit.

wildwolfproducts

Just noticed on the Landmark MSRP price sheet updated 2/22 ... a unit called the Sequoia?!?!

I have seen a drawing of that floor plan. I for one did not like it. But sure it will fit a bunch of people. It did not have the cabinets on the wall in front like the Key Largo has( bathroom wall) Sink is in that place. L shape counter top. Recliner's are where the TV and Fireplace is on the Key Largo. Sofa is in the back. From the bathroom forward looks like the Key largo.
Pete