Dual Air Conditioning

stevebotts

We have dual air with the second air being a 13.5 BTU Low Profile. It appears that this is a deducted system. Do both this bedroom and the living AC use the same duct system? In other words, if I turn on the bedroom AC is it cooling the living room also and vice versa?

jnbhobe

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Air Conditioning

I don't think so, the front ac is not ducted, the rear is ducted to the front. What I don't know is if they block the ducts off to the bathroom and bedroom.I would like to hear from someone who knows what is done with the ducks when a front ac is added.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Steve, Our BR a/c unit is non ducted. It only cools the bedroom. We have the lo profile as well. It has the inside ceiling plenum with adjustable vents going front & rear of the unit.
Jon, no, the bedroom ducts are left intact.

jnbhobe

Thanks Ray, I'm looking for a low-pro unit for our rig now just don't know witch one.

stevebotts

This is not a low profile Penguin. It looks exactly like the one in the living room.

porthole

Retired
What I don't know is if they block the ducts off to the bathroom and bedroom.I would like to hear from someone who knows what is done with the ducks when a front ac is added.

On cyclones the ducts remain as built. Which is fine. Once it cools down in the evening just the main AC keeps everything cool - and quiet in the front.

iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

I would like to hear from someone who knows what is done with the ducks when a front ac is added.

Our Landmark also has unaltered ductwork. The living room A/C sends cool air to the bedroom, via the ducts. The bedroom A/C doesn't use the ducts.

PSF513

My BH 3610 has 2 AC units. The bedroom one in not ducted and just blows into the bedroom

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Our 2nd AC unit is as mentioned above - not ducted and only blows in the bedroom. We have cut poster board and put in the ductwork to block the air in the bedroom so the main unit air mainly cools in the big room/bathroom (which is more important). Works pretty good.