Big Country - Should I buy it?

dansvette

we are real close to buying the bc 3300rl, any advice before we plunge? our local dealer is at least $5k off the purchase from a internet seller. any comments would be great

dan

C

Chulinw

Make an offer to the dealer and tell him you will purchase the RV for the same price that the internet is sell it for and just keep that quite about seeing prices on the internet and say this is what I am will to pay for the unit. You just might be surprise that he will come down or get very near that price you want to pay. Good luck. Another thing is dealer warranty repairs after the sale. Talk with some of the customers and see how they feel about the service department. To me after the sale that is the one area to be very concern about. JMO

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Dan
The dealer has paid for delivery to Tx from Elkhart about $1.50 a mile. Also a few $$ more to buy from your local dealer who should be on your side, is worth it. I don't think $5000 is that out of line, for the hard lot dealer over a soft lot internet dealer.

RugRat

When I purchased my Sundance, I basically told my local dealer the price I could buy my camper from online plus shipping costs to my house. We then negotiated over two weeks and I feel like the final deal was within $500 of what I could get it for on the internet. In the end, I am happy with purchasing from the local dealer and they have worked well with me on getting repairs done. It is worth a little extra money to buy locally in my opinion. How much is really your choice.

ChopperBill

I offered my dealer $2000 more than the internet price and I was surprised they took the deal. I figured it would be worth that not to have to drive long distance to fetch it and the possible head aches that would follow. I could have had it delivered AFTER I paid in full, but I would never buy something that expensive sight unseen. Believe me I have got more than my moneys worth just by the short drive for warranty trips and to be put a head of the line to get it fixed. Has to be the best 2 grand I ever spent!

**Message Deleted**

Doug - I deleted your entire message here as it was a total rehash of your post here.

You message has been heard here loud and clear as to how you feel about your dealer. Continuing to kick them them in the ribs on this forum is providing no additional value to the userbase.

Should there be a change to report in your relationship with your dealer that you feel may be of help to others, feel free to update us later on that.

Thank you for understanding.

Jim Beletti
Owner - Heartland Owners Forum

Last edited by a moderator: