Water Pump Fitting Leak

bd2dabone

So how does this work. Accidently left the water pump on overnight and noticed a slow drip underneath. Investigated and the picture show what I found.

The pump appears to have a tubing fitting that slids into the pump with a plastic snap keeper. Leaking in the flange. Is there thrash in the shoulder of the fitting. Does the snap ring just pull off and the fitting slides out of the pump.

See picture.

leak at pump.jpg

TedS

The clip holds the fitting to the pump. The fitting slides into the pump. There should be an o-ring on the fitting part that slides into the pump.

bd2dabone

Fixed it. Pulled the parts and cleaned all surfaces, inspected o-rings on fitting. Did notice a small nonconforming area on one of the o rings surfaces. Went to my swimming pool and got my o-ring lube and dabbed a healthy dose of it around the o-rings to fill the voids. Put it all back together and doesnt appear to be leaking now.

Think I am gonna go to the hardware store and get a piano hinge to install on one side of the semi permanently mounted hatch. And then secure the opposite end with a couple of dry wall screws. Next time inspection needs to be done just remove 2 screws to swing open hatch.

Thanks for the direction. The internet is a wonderful tool!