Locks on slides

ILH

We're taking our new 305 out for the first time this weekend. A friend of mine has a Newmar with locks on the slides. I don't recall this being discussed during our demo.

This leads to my second question - my indoor electrical control panel has a rocker for both slides - but the second switch is blank - both slides run off of the single remaining switch. Is there a bebefit to having seperate switches for either slide? Will the hydraulics allow it?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We're taking our new 305 out for the first time this weekend. A friend of mine has a Newmar with locks on the slides. I don't recall this being discussed during our demo.

This leads to my second question - my indoor electrical control panel has a rocker for both slides - but the second switch is blank - both slides run off of the single remaining switch. Is there a bebefit to having seperate switches for either slide? Will the hydraulics allow it?

I'm not aware of any slide locks offered by HL.

There is an advantage if you are in a position where you want to open one slide and not the other.
Locate your hydraulic motor assembly and you may have shut off knobs to isolate the slides individually. Trace

mesteve

Locks are put on motor homes to prevent movement while driving by people moving about the coach. Obviously not a problem with a tailer...

Sandpirate69

There's a thread on this forum that has a modification on the hydraulics. I think it had two seperate valves in case you wanted to have the bed slide out & not the livingroom & vice-versa. Post the question on the main forum or check the section on mods.