"Is this Enough Truck?"

Need a little advise.
We're pulling a Mt Rushmore with a GMC Sierra 2500 duramax Diesel w/Allison trans. we thought that it would be plenty. Now we find out how badly off the weight sticker was: 15,000lb dry, 3200lb pin weight, etc. The dealership installed a 16k Draw Tight on the bed for us( they said that would be plenty) and sent us on our way. Our GCVW is not to exceed 23,200.00 lb, our truck is 7230 lb curb. We love our rig, and do not want to go to a mini semi or A Class.What are our options now? Help please!

ct0218

Yours seems a little heavy compared to mine. I have about every option except granite (which is heavy, so I stayed with the Corian), and mine weighs a little over 16K loaded. I'm OK with the pin weight, but I'm over my GCWR with my dually. It is really as big a 5er as I would want to tow behind a dually too. I've towed it quite a few miles and had no problems whatsoever, but I do keep in mind it is a lot of weight to stop. Personally, a 2500 series is just not enough truck. The two extra wheels and tires helps a lot with the pin weight and stability.

bowtorc

We have been pulling a Mt.Rushmore for two years with a heavy duty 2500 dodge ram with no problemNone

gawelsh

We pulled our Mt Rushmore with an F350 dually without any problem....the problems only started when my husband first saw the '08 F450 (check our signature :rolleyes: )

C

Chulinw

I really don't think you have the right truck to pull that large 5er. The very minimum would be 3500. I like the dually and it is just my personal preference. SRW 3500 would also do the job. JMO

gawelsh said:
We pulled our Mt Rushmore with an F350 dually without any problem....the problems only started when my husband first saw the '08 F450 (check our signature :rolleyes: )

Way to go! Nice trucks aren't they? :)

iefpro01

Cooper (Forum Member) let me ride in his new '08 F350 the other day. All I can say is WOW! First impression is what a truck!

Very nice interior, but the first thing you notice is the noise level - or the lack of it. Outside very quiet, but when riding inside it is just like riding in a car! No noise! I realy-really want one, DW says no.... :cool: Darn DW's.