PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions ?

srgt30
05-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Should be picking up the new rig the end of May or beginning of June from RV Outlet and here is the first couple, of what I am sure will be many, questions.

Those who bought from them which campground is good to stay in for a night or 2.

2nd question- How did you get out of there. Heading back to NY and thinking the best way is 95/17/66/81. Anybody got another way?

Thanks

boatto5er
05-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Should be picking up the new rig the end of May or beginning of June from RV Outlet and here is the first couple, of what I am sure will be many, questions.

Those who bought from them which campground is good to stay in for a night or 2.

2nd question- How did you get out of there. Heading back to NY and thinking the best way is 95/17/66/81. Anybody got another way?

Thanks

Campgrounds close by are few and far between (zero comes to mind). There's a couple of decent CGs closer to Richmond. US30 will take you up toward Richmond from South Boston. Cozy Acres (http://www.cozyacres.com) near Powhatan is good, but a little off the main roads. Just north of Richmond, near Ashland and just off I-95 is the Ashland KOA. Good overnight stopping point. You also could take US58 from Danville over to Martinsville, then US220 up to Roanoke and I81. Roads are pretty decent but I don't know about CG on the south end of I81. There are a couple of good KOA's near Natural Bridge.