A couple of questions ?

srgt30

Should be picking up the new rig the end of May or beginning of June from RV Outlet and here is the first couple, of what I am sure will be many, questions.

Those who bought from them which campground is good to stay in for a night or 2.

2nd question- How did you get out of there. Heading back to NY and thinking the best way is 95/17/66/81. Anybody got another way?

Thanks

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Should be picking up the new rig the end of May or beginning of June from RV Outlet and here is the first couple, of what I am sure will be many, questions.

Those who bought from them which campground is good to stay in for a night or 2.

2nd question- How did you get out of there. Heading back to NY and thinking the best way is 95/17/66/81. Anybody got another way?

Thanks

Campgrounds close by are few and far between (zero comes to mind). There's a couple of decent CGs closer to Richmond. US30 will take you up toward Richmond from South Boston. Cozy Acres (http://www.cozyacres.com) near Powhatan is good, but a little off the main roads. Just north of Richmond, near Ashland and just off I-95 is the Ashland KOA. Good overnight stopping point. You also could take US58 from Danville over to Martinsville, then US220 up to Roanoke and I81. Roads are pretty decent but I don't know about CG on the south end of I81. There are a couple of good KOA's near Natural Bridge.