scheduled 3950 pickup monday; not going to happen

steiny93

we've had a 3950 on order since the 1st of march; it arrived wednesday

yesterday (friday) we drove by the dealer to see it; noticed a bit of an issue
wrong exterior color

our paper work shows the right color; dealers version shows the right color as well; build sheet shows something different

definately a bummer

danemayer

I wonder if maybe Heartland moved to 2013 model production and changed the color scheme. Why don't you call Customer Service and ask what happened?

steiny93

according to the dealer and the 2 year old brochures (both print and online) the colors haven't changed; heartland please update the brochures!
money isn't going to solve this problem; wife is absolutely not interested in the color; i quote ("that is the color of a boat; i don't want to be camping in a boat") :)
i laughed; dealer owner didn't

the other oddity that i noticed was that the diamond brite only comes up about 2 inches in the garage; when you look in the brochure they have pictures where its ~20" tall; and they also advertise the high diamond brite in the brochure; anyone know when the super short diamond brite started? Is that new non documented option?

all in all; significant downer so far; not a great way to start out a relationship with a new rig; on top of that we have trips starting on the 11th; guessing we'll be missing it

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
That's a really big downer! Hope you're getting lots of help and get something figured out soon!
Please keep us posted!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
So sorry, not trying to make light of the situation. I'd probably be be furious. But your wife's comment was pretty funny. I don't want to camp in a boat, either. ;)

wdk450

according to the dealer and the 2 year old brochures (both print and online) the colors haven't changed; heartland please update the brochures!
money isn't going to solve this problem; wife is absolutely not interested in the color; i quote ("that is the color of a boat; i don't want to be camping in a boat") :)
i laughed; dealer owner didn't

the other oddity that i noticed was that the diamond brite only comes up about 2 inches in the garage; when you look in the brochure they have pictures where its ~20" tall; and they also advertise the high diamond brite in the brochure; anyone know when the super short diamond brite started? Is that new non documented option?

all in all; significant downer so far; not a great way to start out a relationship with a new rig; on top of that we have trips starting on the 11th; guessing we'll be missing it

Stieny:
I sincerely hope that Heartland and your dealer makes it right for you.

I have noticed on brochures and sales literature for other products small print disclaimers that say something like "Due to constant product improvement, the actual product may be different than described or illustrated". I don't know if that is the case here.

sJv

I believe copper was a new color last year on the Cyclone. That's what we have. I'd be surprised if it's been discontinued already. I'm sure it's a screw up. I was also disappointed to see the diamond plate only go up a few inches on the wall. Since I'll mainly be loading either a RZR or a motorcycle, it should be ok for me. I hope Heartland and the dealer get this resolved to your satisfaction soon.

Steve

steiny93

thx for the comments;
in the scope of everything this isn't a huge deal; it'll be a few week delay and all will be right as rain
the wife is signficantly torqued; but she is also facing some home remodeling delays/screw-ups which have her is a rut

I'm a firm believer that every happens for a reason; maybe the one that came is is a lemon and this is the universes way of helping me out :)

spot on crazybanshee; the volvo is sitting in the shed ready to pull something; maybe i'll be deadheading to elk heart to pickup our new toy :)

Porkchop

My cyclone was built on monday. Picked it up friday. Our color is copper. My diamond plate is also maybe 3 inches tall. Hum. I'm going to add that to my list of questions to ask heartland. Can you updated us on what you hear about that? Thanks!

steiny93

just posted the answer from heartland customer service in the low diamond plate thread

basically,
design change for 2013; if you want the tall plating heartland will coordinate a purchase of the material via their supplier (but you get to pay for it and you are on the hook for install) no factory option
details in other thread in this forum

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
This is what the copper graphics look like along with the HD option (grey walls). With Cyclone you have multiple ways to change the color configurations. You can have HD (Grey) walls with Copper, Blue, or Red graphics. You also have the choice of STD white walls with copper, red, or blue graphics. We have also just released the option for full body paint. This does give you a variety of choices to choose from. Not sure what is messed up on the color of the units that was ordered because we have been using this same copper color for a few years now. The diamond plate in the 2011's was a little over 10" tall. We have since reduced it to just under 3". We did this because at 10" it still did not protect from skid marks on the top of wheels on quads and side by sides, so we simply reduced it to give the garage a more residential feel. We have more and more customers using that garage area as actual living space so we try to make it as multi-functional as possible. The web site is updated and has the most recent brochure on it. You can down load it now to see pictures for yourself. I’m sorry to hear that you did not go through with the purchase of your 3950. I can assure you that the universe is not saving you from a lemon we take a lot of pride in the units we produce, which has grown us to the #1 selling toy hauler in the world. If you have any other questions please feel free to send me a message or give me a shout at (574) 266-3786. I hope there is something we can do to earn your business!
main-slide-exterior12.jpg

steiny93

AJ,
You still have my business; I'm just back into a holding pattern as the dealer and you guys work to get a rig delievered which matches my purchase order. We ordered copper; the vin which arrived isn't copper.

Regarding the diamond plate
I hear your rational for lowering the height; two suggestions in order to prevent this misalignment of exspectation
1) update your brochure; in particular you should remove this line from page 3 "Diamond Plate on Garage Walls (Prevents Tire Scrub)"
2) add a 3 feet tall diamond plate factory option; I would buy this option in a heartbeat

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
I am glad to hear that we still have your buisness. The updated brochure should be up on the web now, sorry for any miss comunication. If you need the diamond plate we can always custom order from the supplier which we get our dimond plate through. What dealer are you working on the deal with?

steiny93

I just got off the phone with AJ; definately a top notch fellow.
Still a bit bummed about having to wait for the new 3950 to arrive; but I couldn't have asked for anything more from Heartland or my dealer.
thx AJ,

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Steiny93..... We're very glad that Heartland and your dealer came through for you. Hopefully that 3950 will get there very quickly..... do you hane an idea when? Keep us posted!

Also... gotta put a plug in here.... take a look at joining the Heartland Owner's Club and we'd love to see that Cyclone at the MN HOC rally!