Dometic thermostat code E1

bdb2047

A/C and heat not working.Can just make out digital display on thermostat has E1 code.Have tried shuuting off all power no help. Display is allmost unreadable.Anyone have similar problem or ideas.Manual says loss of communication but no other info.Thanks

branson4020

Icantre Member
A/C and heat not working.Can just make out digital display on thermostat has E1 code.Have tried shuuting off all power no help. Display is allmost unreadable.Anyone have similar problem or ideas.Manual says loss of communication but no other info.Thanks

Are you plugged in to shore power? Is the shore power working?

bdb2047

Connected to shore power no batteries in it.This is single zone thermostat that is in manuals in tool tab of fourm.Display is unreadable now.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is your battery charged. You may have a couple of blown fuses on the converter.
Your t-stat may not be seeing 12 volts.

Peace
Dave

branson4020

Icantre Member
I think Dave has it right. Your converter is not working and you've run the coach battery down. How are the 12V lights working?

danemayer

I agree it sounds like a loss of 12V. But if it's not a general 12V problem as suggested, then take a look at the connections to the thermostat. The cover comes off pretty easily. The single zone model in our 2011 Landmark has 3 wires that are secured to the circuit board by small screws. You might have a loose wire. I think the later 2011 builds may have a telephone jack connection where it's a bit harder to tell if the wiring is ok.

bdb2047

Lites working ok also bedroom air ok.Checked voltage at batteries 11.7v,2-12v in parallel will need to get to converter and check it.I have a"pendant" on converter to tell what it is doing and it solid green which says it is in boost.Water was down not much been a month since looked at.Connections good at thermostat has the 3 wires.Will disconnect batteries and check volage seperately

bdb2047

Thanks checking voltage lead to converter which was not working.Works better when pluged in.I assumed things and did not follow basic trouble checks.Thought I had fixed plug so it could not come out did not do it very well.Thanks again all is working now.