SOLVED: Please Help with Water pump/ Heater etc..

tennbrad

Hello All, (1st full season with my MPG, 1st time coming out of winterization)

Just brought my MPG 182 out of storage getting ready for a long trip and after some forum searching to correctly switch back the bypass valves on the HWH under the mattress panels, everything seemed to work properly on a city water hookup. Then as I unhooked city, filled the fresh water and turned on the pump, I started having some problems.

I can hear the pump running. According to my LED, fresh is full and when I try to add it spits it back out so I assume fresh is indeed full. But when I turn on the faucet, it just spits and never flows...I also noticed that A) Hot water was coming out when I had the cold water handle turned and as I started to notice it getting very thin in spitting...I turned off the elec HWH switch (so as to not fry my element), went outside and confirmed the HWH tank had emptied as it would not come out of the release valve.

It's almost like the pump isn't pumping but I think that it is....the unit was winterized by a local dealer and I'm wondering is there a valve or switch or something having to do with the pump that I'm missing? I am completely perplexed. Any help would be so appreciated...any other info or questions that would help please ask.

Best,
Brad- Nashville

tennbrad

Re: Please Help with Water pump/ Heater etc..

BTW, I can hear the HWT bubbling when I have the faucet on but the HWH is still not filling up b/c the outside pressure vale is releasing no water when I pull it down...I don't know what that means...

Hooked back up to city water and the HWH promptly filled and all works as normal.....there's obviously something going on with the pump/Fresh water tank...

Again, any help would be appreciated

bc

TedS

The winterize valve, if you have one, may be open from when antifreeze was put in the system and the pump is sucking air instead of drawing from the fresh water tank.

tennbrad

Ted I hope you are right b/c that's exactly what it sounds like...getting plenty of air coming through the lines, just no water from the fresh....now if anybody knows a winterize valve or such that might be open we might be in business...??

Thanks,
bc

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors

Ted.... You should have a hose that intersects the fresh water inlet line within a foot of the water pump. You should find 2 valves, one that opens or closes fresh water to the input side of the pump and a valve on the suction line that Ts into the fresh water line. The valves are like ball cock valves and need to be turned a quarter turn (45 degrees). Make sure the valve for the fresh water is open (valve lever would be lined up with hose) and the winterization suction valve be closed (45 degrees to hose). (The winterization hose will be open ended so you can stick it in a gallon anti freeze jug) Again they should be right at the pump. Good luck and let us know what you find.

tennbrad

Brett, It's me Brad that posted originally, Ted had posted his reply.

This is great info, I'll certainly give it a shot....one problem is, I have no idea where the pump is located....I assume the hose you reference should also be close to the fresh water tank...I do know where that is so I guess I get under there and start looking for it around there.
Any of you MPGers that might have more details, please chime in!

Thanks to all,
bc

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors

Brad.... Pumps in smaller trailers are usually going to pretty close to the kitchen sink and or the fresh water tank. Turn the pump on and listen for the motor humming.Mine is pretty much right above the tank and inbetween the stove and sink behind a panel (floor level) Good Luck.

jnbhobe

I think Bret means 90* turns on the valves

tennbrad

Well, hallelujah, guys....found the panel, found the pump, found the hoses and valves and presto, everything is working as it should! Another fire put out by the friendly and brilliant folks here on the forum. Thanks to Ted, Bret and Jon for being willing to help a numbskull.....Now it's off to the west for 6 months of travel all over the US. Any pointers or must sees or must avoids are always welcome!!

Thanks again, amigos,
brad

TedS

Glad you solved your problem. Discovering your trailer is an adventure in itself.

I'll be in TN the end of May, first of June, to stay in Gatlinburg and visit my daughter and her family. Enjoy the West.

FoxHunt

In case a 183 owner reads this looking for the same solution, the pump is located just inside the door, at floor level, behind the small panel. You will need to move the extinguisher to get to the screws.

OP: I posted here, but it didn't show up. Ironically, someone else posted the exact same thing I was posting (I did the same thing you did... searching for my pump to flip the valve). Glad the problem is solved! Happy camping!