Garage ramp traction help

reginald

Hi all,
I have a question that I’m sure someone here can help with.I have a 2011 3950 and the ramp is as slick as whale snot when it is the slightestbit wet, what products or materials have any of you used and how do they holdup? I put my ATVs in the garage in the summer and my lawn mower in there in thewinter so it is used quite a bit therefore I’m looking for something that willlast and I don’t have to reapply it every few weeks or months. Thanks for thehelp.
Reg

jimtoo

Hi Reginald,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hopefully someone will jump in soon with an answer for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

tgreening

Hi all,
I have a question that I’m sure someone here can help with.I have a 2011 3950 and the ramp is as slick as whale snot when it is the slightestbit wet, what products or materials have any of you used and how do they holdup? Reg

I'm surprised by this. I have an '11 3950 and the ramp isn't slick by any stretch. It has a non-skid surface from the factory. Yours does not apparently? If it does not, and just has a smooth surface that is not some kind of "paper", I would go to your local wal-mart, car parts store, etc, and get a gallon of Herculiner bed liner. It's easily DIY and for the for the $80-$90 cost is pretty economical. It's wear properties are very good as well. I use it to coat the bed of my car hauler trailer and for the money it's tough to beat.

I haven't looked real close at my door but the non-skid I think is some kind of stick on paper backed material. I'm not sure the effect Herculiner would have on a surface that is paper based, hence my concern for what you have.

olcoon

Jim,
Who is that photo of at the bottom of your sig.? I know it isn't Willie Nelson...his cousin? :cool:

u243412

Consider using SuperGlides (made by SuperClamp). It's what most sledders and quadders use on their deck and in their trailers.

Cost is about 10CDN per piece (30inch?). Very grippy - made of hard plastic that won't ever wear out - you can't walk on this stuff in sock feet - too shart. Great product though.

I just put some supergrips and some etrack in my enlcosed trailer and on my truck sled deck - pix...

20120426_150831.jpg

20120426_150818.jpg

20120420_105637.jpg

reginald

tgreening it does have the factory "non-skid" black surface with some kind of ruff product like sand but when it gets wet it is hard to walk up the ramp and if there is any snow on the ground you can give up using the ramp. I talked to a person that sells them and they said they just made the change in the material that they spray on the door and they noticed the same problem. I like the Superglides and I will go talk to my local ATV dealer and see what they have. thanks for the help

CabinetmakerII

We have a 2012 3800 HD with the same issue. There is factory "non-skid" on the ramp however, any moisture at all makes it a very slippery slope. I too am wondering what to do about it. Most likely will go with the "Bed Liner" DIY product.