Bighorn 3670 Front Landing Gear won"t work

I have a 2011 3670 Bighorn, today when I tried to hookup the camper to my truck I found that the front landing gear would not extend. I could hear the pump working but the front landing gear would not go up, I am sure it is not the battery because it is hooked up to the electrical to the house. Anyone else having this problem??

jnbhobe

Look in the front compartment at the back of the switch, there may be a wire off on the bottom of the switch.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try backing the truck close enough to the rig to connect the umbilical cord to it and try again. It's possible that your converter is not fully charging the battery, or it is defective. You might also look around for signs of hydraulic fluid leaking. Another question is do your slides extend/retract? If I'm not mistaken all hydraulics work off the same system.

All slides are working fine, there is no sign of hydraulic fluid leaking, The camper is not working off battery, I have an outside electrical hook up especially for the camper.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Try rapping on the solenoids on the pump. You may have one hung up.

Peace
Dave

TedS

Will the legs retract, let the trailer down? Could it be you are at the maximum extended travel and the trailer will go no higher?
Check the wire nuts on the wires to the valve for the legs. Are the connectors pushed tight onto the leg valve terminals? They, the nuts or the connectors, may have come loose and the leg solenoid valve is not being activated. DO NOT MANUALLY ACTIVATE THE LEG SOLENOID VALVE, THE TRAILER MAY DROP LIKE A STONE.

Thank You to everyone, it turns out that the battery was bad, even thought the camper was plugged in the the electric outlet, the landing gear would not work with the bad battery. Everything seems to be working fine now.