Picture of the new Rig and a Weight Question....

Pappy

Hi all,
Well we picked up our new Big Country 3250ts on Friday and took it to a local campground to get use to it! See the Picture!

Big Country.jpg
Of course the first stop was the CAT Scales. I had weighted my truck prior and have listed the weights below.

Truck without trailer
Front Axle: 4740 lbs
Back Axle : 3300 lbs

Truck with Trailer (Trailer Dry but I think there was some water in the tanks)
Truck Front Axle: 4820 lbs
Truck Back Axle: 5580 lbs
Trailer Front Axle: 4640 lbs
Trailer Back Axle: 4380 lbs

Truck and Trailer with most of the contents in the trailer
Truck Front Axle: 4820 lbs
Truck Back Axle: 5800 lbs
Trailer Front Axle: 4740 lbs
Trailer Back Axle: 4240 lbs

My truck GVWR is 11,500 lbs based on stats above my actual is 10,620 lbs
My truck GCWR is 23,000 lbs based on stats above my actual is 19,600 lbs
I calculate my Pin weight at 2,300 (the hitch is 200 lbs) which is 2500 added total to the payload of the truck
The GVWR on my BC is 14,000 lbs and based on stats my actual is 11,280 lbs.
The Pin is around 21%

My BC has 6,000 lbs axles and my weight on each axles is about 500 lbs different. Is this cause for concern if the front trailer axle weighs more than the back or is it safe as long as they are both below 6,000 lbs? I also store it locally and was wondering if you take your batteries and propane out or just leave them in the trailer? I have a power cut of switch for the batteries and switch them off.

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Gotta love those Big Country ;). Great looking rig!

Sorry but we haven't weighed our coach so not much help there but there are a lot of other folks who have. Enjoy.

jnbhobe

My BC has 6,000 lbs axles and my weight on each axles is about 500 lbs different. Is this cause for concern if the front trailer axle weighs more than the back or is it safe as long as they are both below 6,000 lbs? I also store is locally and was wondering if you take your batteries and propane out or just leave them in the trailer? I have a power cut of switch for the batteries and switch them off.
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->
You could try to raise the hitch one set of holes to even out your axel weights. I can't tell from the picture if you are low in the front. As far as the propane and batteries just shut them off.