RW 305, what is the red switch?

We just purchased a 2010 305RW and took it for the first trip this weekend. We had an old travel trailer before this so we are not new to camping but are new to the nice big 5th wheel. One question I had is on my control panel at the bottem is a switch like your light switches at home but it is bright red. I know the dealer told me what it was but I cannot remember and being bright red it looks like the self destruct button or something so I was a bit worried about switching it. Our initial voyage was pretty good, hot water was not too hot but after reading on the forums I checked the valves and I believe they were all open so I was getting cold water in with my hot. I am concerned though about the trailer brakes, they seem to work well sometimes and barely at all at other times. I will bring it to someone to look at that as it seems like maybe I have loose wiring or something.

Thank you,
Nathan

jimtoo

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The light switch with the RED handle should be to turn on the electric side of the water heater. Be sure you have the waterheater full of water before turning it on. It can also be used at the same time as propane in case you want or need a faster recovery of hot water... like the wife used it all showering.. left you none.. :)

Check out the benefits of joining the owners club and also attending rallies... lots of new friends and great food.

Enjoy the forum and your new Road Warrior.

Jim M

Sandpirate69

He's correct, the Red light switch is for the water heater, (Electric switch). You should really join this forum, its been very helpful to me. By the way i'm not getting a dime to say this, it's true. ;)