Help with Oklahoma Hwy 259 north from Beavers Bend SP..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are going to be heading north tomorrow and planning to go through Beavers Bend State Park to Spring Hill COE in Barling Ark. We have a cousing we plan to visit with in Pocola Ok which is on the way.

Is there any Oklahoma member that is familiar with this highway? I don't have any real concern but would like to get an opion from someone that is familiar with that area...

_pocola ok 259.JPG

Thanks
BC

jimtoo

Hey Bob,, when you go through Paris wave at the cemeteries as you go by. All my kin folks are there. :) Paris is my birth town and childhood home.

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Oh Willie One... Will give a hollar when we pass through... Let me know if you feel the vibs...

Like the Signature picture better than the other one.. All you need now it a Harley Hog...

BC

Peteandsharon

Sorry, I am not familiar with that highway but have been to Beaver's Bend SP. It's a beautiful little state park with some nice sites right on the river. Unfortunately, we were coming from the south as we have relatives just outside of Clarksville. We did not go north from the park. Good luck.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
BC, Sorry I haven't been on the computer today. We were just down there fly fishing at beavers bend. If you are going to stay there, stay at the main park. It will be the first park entrance you come to out of Broken Bow. It will be at the Hochatown Junction. Go all the way to the back of the park to the Acorn area that's where the 50 amp service is. None of the park sites have sewer but they do have dump station. No Cable, No Internet and no satellite view to the sky. Just water and electric. Its first come, first serve and just find a place and the camp host will come collect. $25.00 per night.

Hwy 259 is ok to travel and you should have no problems at all just pay attention to the road signs and be careful in the hills and the twisties and watch out for the critters.

I'll P.M. you my # so if you have any questions just call me.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
BC, Sorry I haven't been on the computer today. We were just down there fly fishing at beavers bend. If you are going to stay there, stay at the main park. It will be the first park entrance you come to out of Broken Bow. It will be at the Hochatown Junction. Go all the way to the back of the park to the Acorn area that's where the 50 amp service is. None of the park sites have sewer but they do have dump station. No Cable, No Internet and no satellite view to the sky. Just water and electric. Its first come, first serve and just find a place and the camp host will come collect. $25.00 per night.

Hwy 259 is ok to travel and you should have no problems at all just pay attention to the road signs and be careful in the hills and the twisties and watch out for the critters.

I'll P.M. you my # so if you have any questions just call me.

P.S. Be careful in Barling, I spent some time training there at Fort Chaffee. They have ticks the size of dinner plates!:cool: