Back up camera for Camper

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Has anyone purchased the rear view camera from "rear view Safety"....They appear to have a very good package and since I travel with just my dog, backing up maybe a problem. I know not all campsites are drive through..
The 7.5 " screen can be used in your truck or placed in your trailer when parked and you can see what's going on in the back of your trailer if you are inside...it also has a microphone and you hear outside as well...
I know it takes practice in your back up skills, but that is an area I am uncomfortable in....can't see on the right side when in a back up swing....last thing I want is to damage something or someone...any suggestions? Also, when
I get to Gillette, I guess someone standing around would help guide you backing into the camp site.....is this correct???

Garry

brianharrison

Hi Garry,

I have not purchased the "rear view Safety" camera so cannot provide any insight into that package. I have the Jensen ASA - similar to the ones now being installed at the Factory on HL LMs.

Regarding help backing in to a camping stall - my experience is there is always someone ready to help back in - whether you want the help or not. I carry a set of two way radios (cheap set) to improve the communication between the driver and spotter while backing in......

Brian

jpdoggett

Need to train the dog to help you, Just joking I don't have a system yet but my wife does a good job for me

Doublegranch

Brian:

Hey, thanks as that has been my biggest worry in going to campsites. How do you like your back up camera? Does it really show you enough behind the trailer as well as to the sides of the rear?
Garry

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
When you get to Gillette, there will be a parking team that will make sure you get backed in without a problem....as for the camera, don't have one, but Voyager makes a really nice wireless unit..a bit pricey at $850 MSRP, but you get what you pay for...

Doublegranch

Thanks...I was told by "rear view Safety" rep that they also had wireless but said they don't work very well...it appears the wi-fi, cell phones etc all cause interference when you pull into a camp ground...making the picture blurred...I assumed that was the case in all wireless cameras...I will have to check out the Voyager.
Garry

Doublegranch

Pat:
You know if we were on horse back, she is a great help...somehow she is not able to master the herding up of the rear tires on the trailer....but she does give it a good effort.
Sounds like your wife has it down, she drives and you walk out back with your honey do list in hand......See you in Gillette.....garry

JENSENRVdirect

Hi Garry,

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Our new wireless observation system, WVOS511, uses our digital wireless transmission technology (WiSight Technology). This allows the camera and monitor to pair to each other while ignoring all other signals that normally affect analog transmissions. I believe this will meet your needs.

Here is a thread discussing the WVOS511 you may want to read:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/29053-Landmark-Backup-Camera-Option

If you have any further questions, feel free to call us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Doublegranch

Thanks for the information. I will go on line and check out your product. One camper mentioned it can be removed and placed on other campers, if so, then how is it fixed to the back of the camper, double sided tape? Also there appears to be many questions on whether you can run two cameras and if it is a split screen or a toggle from one camera to the other...can you respond. Thanks for your helpGarry

JENSENRVdirect

Thanks for the information. I will go on line and check out your product. One camper mentioned it can be removed and placed on other campers, if so, then how is it fixed to the back of the camper, double sided tape? Also there appears to be many questions on whether you can run two cameras and if it is a split screen or a toggle from one camera to the other...can you respond. Thanks for your helpGarry

Hi Garry,

It is the monitor that is designed to be removed and used in a different tow-vehicle, whereas the camera will remain installed on the towable. The monitor uses a suction cup mount and +12V cigarette-style power plug for ease of removal/installation.

The monitor and camera has auto-pairing, so you could even have a separate camera installed on a different towable, and using only one monitor, easily switch between travel trailer, cargo trailer, etc.

You are correct that the WVOS511 can handle two cameras, one wireless & one wired (using adaptor 31100131). We now also offer WVRXCAM1, which is a wireless receiver, which will connect to the 31100131 on AV2 of the WVOS511, and a wireless camera. So the original wireless camera will be paired to the monitor and on AV1. The second wireless camera will be paired to the plug-in receiver that comes with WVRXCAM1 kit. One camera will be displayed at a time via source selection (AV1, AV2).

Please let us know if you have any more questions.