Washer hookup in garage

nuskovich

Has it been done or is it possible to modify and plumb a washer hookup for the garage of the 3010?? Wife needs the closet space and I'm sacrificing garage space.

porthole

Retired
Do you have a fuel tank?
That will be your obstacle.

Your looking at a bit of work. There is room in the frame to run water lines to the garage, and I would add an additional outlet tor the washer. I added a 20 amp circuit in the garage for a variety of reasons, but mostly to be able to safely run a small heater. There is room in the panel box for additional breakers.

The hardest part will be adding the washer drain. There is minimum room under the floor with the fuel tank there to run plumbing.

I have MOR/ryde IS under my traielr, so I can't get to my rear grey tank easily.

If you can't get to yours - you could tee into the the rear grey tank drain under the trailer. Then use one of the gate valves on the main sewer drain to close off the 3" pipe. If you keep the rear tank drain open you will then have storage for the washer use. Or you have to be diligent and keep the main drain open whenever you use the washer - which is how some trailer manufacturers install them.

We use our W/D a lot, it would take up way too much room in the already small garage. W/D stays in the front closet for us. If not washing, the shower towels always go in the dryer for 20 minutes.

Vtxkid

"We use our W/D a lot, it would take up way too much room in the already small garage. W/D stays in the front closet for us. If not washing, the shower towels always go in the dryer for 20 minutes."[/QUOTE]

Duane, do you have your washer placed in the closet with the door facing toward the center line (DS) of the trailer?!?

porthole

Retired
Not sure what you mean Jerry, but ours is factory installed, without the ugly louvered doors and as you face the front of the trailer the door is facing you.

The picture is from my delivery day out in Elkhart.

I think I know what you are referring too and I would not want it that way.

Attachments

• Cyclone_int_05b.jpg
    Cyclone_int_05b.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 120

Vtxkid

Not sure what you mean Jerry, but ours is factory installed, without the ugly louvered doors and as you face the front of the trailer the door is facing you.

The picture is from my delivery day out in Elkhart.

I think I know what you are referring too and I would not want it that way.

Looks like the same setup as ours... I was wondering if a combo would set in there with the door facing to the rear. I was told, if the hook-ups were on the side then the combo is suppose to be facing inward. But I can see your fits fine! I will feel better doing it that way too. Thanks for the pic!

porthole

Retired
I really think I would not like having to go into the closet to get to the door.
I am pretty sure my W/D connection is on the back of the machine and the trailer connections are definitely on the door side. I'll take a look later today.

Vtxkid

I really think I would not like having to go into the closet to get to the door.
I am pretty sure my W/D connection is on the back of the machine and the trailer connections are definitely on the door side. I'll take a look later today.

Is that your vent duct I see behind the hookups on the side wall Duane?!?

porthole

Retired
Jerry - yes, factory installed dryer vent. And my hoses do connect on the upper rear wail of the W/D.

The factory 110 outlet is on the wall where the water supply lines are, between the lines and the vent hose, facing forward.

Vtxkid

Jerry - yes, factory installed dryer vent. And my hoses do connect on the upper rear wail of the W/D.

The factory 110 outlet is on the wall where the water supply lines are, between the lines and the vent hose, facing forward.

Good info Duane... I like that set-up a lot better now. We will be getting one here in the near future. Thanks for looking into it for me...

porthole

Retired
It does not wash big loads and it tends to give the clothes a good wrinkle finish, less so if you take everything out and give them a good shake then put back in for drying.
Like LevelUp, whatever our next RV is, it will have a W/D, either combo or stacked.