Reading lights over the bed?

wildwolfproducts

Wonder how hard it would be to swap out the 2 lights over the bed in the slideout, to the swivel reading lights? I like the ones in the Big horn's way better. This way if one is reading, both lights are not on.
Pete

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What rig are you considering doing this to?
It should not be difficult to do. A couple of screws and two wires.
I personally do not like the reading lights above the bed. They only swivel two directions. Up and down. I would like side to side as well.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unless they've improved the two lights over the bed, I would not get the same kind. The rotary on/off switch at the back end of the lamp is a PITA to operate. Look for something with a rocker switch on the base plate.

wildwolfproducts

Here's the one's we have been using not sure who makes them. They came with our Okanagan, bright and swivel anyway you want to turn them. Plus easy switch to work for the on and off . Plus there Halogen also.
811sl-05.jpg
Will be doing this on the Key largo. Never understand why any company would not add good reading lights over the bed? Even when not used for reading. They allow a person to turn there light away from the other. But still flip it on when you need light at night.