Bed liner and hitch

I am wanting to install a line-x bed liner in my truck and a 20K fifth wheel hitch. Do I install the bed liner or the hitch first and why? Thanks

DennisZ

Tim
I have my hitch installed over the spray-in liner, that way you get the entire bed protected. The hitch will compress the liner to give a good solid mount. I've had mine in for over a year with no problems. The linger material is really tuff stuff.

Dennis

jbeletti

Tim,

Most people spray the bed first. I have heard of a few mounting the hitch rails first but very few. Spray it, the hitch it - you'll be happy. Also consider getting the over-the-rail process. I am glad I did. Sure saves on scratches when loading and unloading anything over the side. Also helps make the top of the rails a bit non-slip for walking on.

Best of luck,

Jim

davebennington

Tim

I cut the holes in the bed before I took it to the Line-X folks that way every thing (down in the holes) was line-xed and protected and then I reinstalled the hitch.

Dave

C

Chulinw

I got my rails sprayed also and only had to remove just a little of the spray to get the hitch to go in place. I wanted this to try and stop some rust.