Outside speaker upgrade cyclone..

jasons09cyclone

I wanted more sound out of the out side speakers so I've tried several different marine speakers. The jensen stock speakers sound really good and it was hard to find a replacement.. I also added two more rear outside as my left side and the front two as the right.. The sound is amazing.. I started out with Polk audio that were a little too thick I had to make a spacer to make it fit. For cosmetic issues I went ahead and went for the mtx 7.7 marine speakers. To make these fit I cut out the diameter of all four outside speakers to a 6.5 in hole... It was well worth it to me they look and sound great... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336508241.560753.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1336508259.594911.jpg

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Awesome job! I must admit you are much braver than I...don't like cutting bigger holes in anything! For others, the Jensens can be found at Jensen RV Direct. I ordered a replacement for ours and got it within a few days! Great service.

jasons09cyclone

Thanks... Yea it took me four years before I finally cut it open.. I did get those stock Jensen speakers just in case from amazon.com for about 40 bucks each...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just bought an 09 cyclone 4012 and it has the jensen system but i cant figure out how to shut the outside speakers off. when i watch a movie you get to hear it outside too. haha

jimtoo

Hi cowanfishing,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think that someplace there is a switch that turns the outside speakers on and off, but I don't know where... I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon and help out.

Enjoy the forum and your Cyclone.

Jim M

I just bought an 09 cyclone 4012 and it has the jensen system but i cant figure out how to shut the outside speakers off. when i watch a movie you get to hear it outside too. haha

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders

Not sure which model Jensen is in the 2009 rigs but if it looks like this one, I circled the three buttons that control the speakers. In our Big Country A is the living area, B is the bedroom and C are the outside speakers. You can select just one area or any combination.

jensen.jpg