Potential purchase

mtnhikr

I have an '05 Silverado Duramax Diesel 6.6 the usual specs on towing, eg GVWR 9,200, GCWR 22,000, Hitch 12,000, 5th Wheel 16,000. I have read all of the posts and gone to the fifthwheelst.com website, but do not have the luxury of weighing the Heartland Bighorn 3055RL I am looking at online and negotiating a potential purchase. Does anyone have the same setup with TV and RV? If so how goes it?:cool:

jimtoo

Hi mtnhikr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have an 04 GMC d/a, 3500 CC Dually and a 08 Bighorn 3055RL. It does a real good job without any problems. Your max weight for the 3055 is 14,000#. I love the way it tows, I do have a Trailair pinbox and mine is an 08 and it came with some weak springs, which the factory replace with 7000# springs. I also replaced the tires with Michlen LT's.

Get hooked up and join us at a rally.

Jim M

Boca_Shuffles

I had an '05 GMC 2500 Duramax first. With a Reese 16K slider hitch and a full tank of fuel (and myself), the truck weighed 7240 lbs. You should go to the truck scales and confirm what your particular vehicle weighs. Toolboxes and extra tanks will increase the weight of your truck. Additional passenger(s) and pets will also add to the weight.

The pin weight on my 2010 BH3055 is 2,150 pounds. A generator and/or washing machine will add to this.

The GVWR on the '05 2500 is 9,200 lbs.

Since I prefer to be under the GVWR, I upgraded to a '08 GMC 3500 dually. GVWR is 11,400.

PteJack

Hi mtnhkr,

I completely understand the dilemma your are facing. I am going through the same thing only I already have my tow vehicle and am looking for a trailer. I started a thread and have had some pretty interesting discussions. If you are interested here is the link...

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...aul-a-BH3670-but-the-numbers-don-t-look-right

Good luck with your search.

Regards,

Pte Jack

MTPockets

Recently weighed at CAT scales fully loaded with gear and people in full-time travel mode our 3055RL with dual pane windows, generator. Pin weight is 2880 lbs. - Trailer Axles = 11,020 lbs ..... I was surprised as I thought we were light packers, but that's what the scales were showing. We are close on our GVWR.. We ordered the 7000 lb axles; That didn't change the legal GVWR of our Big Horn, but it makes me feel safer with the extra capacity. You may pack lighter, but it adds up quick.