ATF: Big Country - Bedroom Air Conditioner

Can you tell me if my 2009 Big Country 2950RK was wired for an air conditioner in the bedroom (front vent)? Also, is there a specific brand or style that will connect into the air conditioner duct?
Thank you in advance.
idaho_bruce

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Idaho_bruce, welcome to the forum. This is a great place with a lot of good information.
The hole for the AC and the vent fan is a standard 14". So an AC will fit in the hole that you have.
You can check if you are wired by doing a couple of things. One, check the breaker panel. Look for a breaker for the front AC. Also you can remove the inside shroud from your vent and look for a piece of romex cable. Probably yellow. It will be terminated in a plastic box. One cable in and none out.
If you are able to add a second air, I would recommend a low profile.
None will connect into your air conditioner duct.

On edit, make sure you have 50 amp service.

Peace
Dave

Thank you, cookie and bwwalczak. I really appreciate the prompt feedback with just exactly the information I needed. What a great response!!!
Thanks, again!
Bruce

Hi again, cookie and bwwalczak.
I have confirmed that I have two 20 amp A/C circuits, one for a Main A/C and another for a Front A/C. Cookie recommended a low-profile A/C for the front one. There is a sale going on, here, for a standard height A/C (~16 inches). How much would this add to the overall height of my 2950RK (I pull it pretty much on the level.)? I live in Idaho and will travel mostly west of the Mississippi. Height may not be as important as if I lived on the eastern seaboard.Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Bruce