Mt. Rushmore Kitchen Outlets

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I was looking at photos of our (well soon to be) new MR and noticed that there were no visible electrical outlets in the kitchen counter area. I assume that they are overhead in the cabinet bottoms. Am I correct or making myself the brunt of the a-s-s-u-m-e- joke?

Sheri

Tom of Ypsi

Looking at our '05 model right now and we have an outlet just to the left of the kitchen window and then one to the right of the kitchen window in the corner.

gawelsh

THere are outlets under the kitchen cabinets, as suspected. Also one on the end of the island, if you got that option (hope you did - it's great and adds so much storage and counter top !)

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We did get the island, and even had an additional outlet installed at the other end. We actually had four additional outlets installed. The one on the island, one next to where the 12v and cable outlets are in the entertainment area, one on the opposite side of the dining table from where the factory one is, and one in the basement on the off door side. We wanted one at the opposite end of the bedroom dresser from where the factory ones are, but we were told that couldn't be. Thanks for confirming what I though had to be!

jbeletti

Don,

Our kitchen outlets are as Tom described. Like you, we also had one put on the desktop next to the 12v outlet. Both ends of the island is a great idea. We have one at one end only. I also had one recently added to the dinette slide near the rear end of that slide, behind my chair.

I was in Elkhart on Thursday and swung by RS to see if your coach was there but like the rest of Elkhart, it was like a ghost town. Most of the RV industry has their employees take vacation during 4th of July week, as I understand it.

What's your delivery looking like?

Jim

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Hi Jim, Butch had it picked up last week. It arrived in Knoxville last Friday night and I believe the 520 watt solar system was scheduled to be installed Wednesday the 4th. He still has to have the trailer hitch and a few electrical outlets installed then it will be waiting on us. unfortunately Sheri can't be gone from her job for the next couple of weeks so the delivery date has been set up for the 23rd of July. Just a couple of more weeks. None

Don

jbeletti

Hi Don,

Wow - 520 watts of solar. That sounds like a lot or power. Happy dry-camping :)

Looking forward to hearing your impressions once you see the coach.

Jim