towing specs

Good morning everyone.
I am purchasing a new 2012 Greystone 33QS, weight #11250 and gross weight #13950. I am also purchasing a new Chevrolet 2500, extended cab, long bed with 6.0, auto trans and 4.10 rear axle all with HD towing package. The Chevrolet is rated for #14200 trailer weight and #16000 gross weight. I will only be pulling this trailer from dealer in Ohio to site in Alabama where it will be parked for permanet living except for an occasional trip to Florida. Can anyone tell me if they think this will be a good match as I really don't want to spend the extra $8000 for a diesel powered unit. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks to all , navypoppop

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Your within the towing specs so you should be fine. At 352hp, (382tq) you won't be winning any races towing 12,000 lbs. Plan ahead for your gas stops at 7-8mpg.

Thanks for the replies. I was sure I'd be OK but figured I would ask some seasoned vets. I knew the MPG would suffer compared to the diesel but with the added cost up front and the DEF fluid now required I felt it would be a wash. Once again I appreciate the help. Navypoppop

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Navypopop, keep in mind that your truck will be worth more at resale/trade time with the diesel engine. Half-again more mileage is just icing on the cake, going from 7-8 to 11-12 with your relatively light trailer. I've been getting better than 11 mpg pulling my 16,000 Landmark.

Although the DEF adds cost to driving, I don't know if its enough to make a difference. I'll never go back to a gasoline truck.

DW_Gray

I think you'll be just fine. For peace of mind, read "Before You Buy" shown in my signature below.

MTPockets

What's the truck payload rating? What's the loaded pin wieght of the trailer? If the pin weight is more, you'll need more truck.