Dish Tailgater

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I'm ready to pull the trigger and buy a Tailgater and 211k receiver. Suggestions on where to buy for best price and service?

Thanks... Bret

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Maybe there will be a deal at Gillette?? Jim B, any word on the vendor list or rally deals? :angel:

E

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
I bought my Tailgater from local Dish satellite store last fall for $350. Already had the 211 receiver to use. Mine has worked fine and we are very pleased with it.

MTPockets

Got our Tailgater and receiver from Tweetys in February. We've used most every day and Works great.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Guess I mispoke in my eariler post. I was talking about the Wineguard Carryout for $588 not the Dish tailgater. The Wineguard Carryout will work with either Direct TV or Dish. The Dish tailgater only works with Dish.

GOTTOYS

I bought mine from dishdepot.com They're based in Fla. I just looked at their website and the Tailgater and a 211K receiver are on special for $429.00 for both. I believe that includes shipping also. It took less than a week to get mine. I just love this thing...Don

azone14

I purchased a complete Tailgater system from Dish Depot in Florida. They have free shipping and were cheaper than anyone else I could find. I visited their store while wintering in Florida and they have just about anything you could ask for when it comes to Sat TV and RV'ing. Hope this helps. I love my Tailgater system. It works great. Make sure you tell them to update the 211 reciever before shipping. There is no charge for this service. I dealt with Mark
http://dishdepot.com/

jimtoo

Hi azone14,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Thanks to all who responded. I ended up dealing with Mark at dishdepot.com in Florida and getting it (tailgater + 211k receiver + remote) delivered to the house for $422 (no shipping and no tax)!
Wife says WooHoo!

azone14

Mark is a great guy. I met him while I wintered in Florida as well as placing several orders with him. I am sure you will be happy with Dish Depot and I am glad I could help.
Let us know how it goes.
One thing I have discovered is I can move my tailgater a few feet and get the third satellite that is hard to get. I am now using an application on my phone to view the satellites before setup. I have also placed the unit on top of my RV from time to time to get over tree's so keep that in mind when setting up. If you have a smartphone I strongly recommend the satellite finder application if you RV allot. The 3rd satellite is needed for Hi Def on some channels but you can get 110 and 199 and still get all the channels but some will not be in HD

pegmikef

I keep learning more about my tailgater. I am finding that it will work well with a really narrow view of the southern sky. Initially, I always looked for wide open areas, but have found that if you can see south between two trees, it works. I have never had trouble getting all the satellites.

Rodbuster

I have only used my Tailgater a few times and like it very much but my experience is just the opposite of the previoys post. I find that I need a large (really large) open area of sky to have mine work.
Does anybody know what the angle is that is needed to clear the tops of the trees....30 degrees, 45 degrees, 60 degrees, etc.???

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I just make sure that the cube is level and it does the rest. The angle and azmuth depend on your location. If you have a smart phone there is a app called dish FOR RV that uses the camera and location service and GPS to show you where the sataltes are.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Rodbuster

Thank you Rex, but no, we don't have a "smart phone".
The last campsite that we were in was wide open. There were trees across the campsite road from us (about 120 feet from the Tailgater) but we kept getting "no signal". This is why I was looking for information on the "angle" or line of site that the Tailgater needed to operate properly.

Thank you for your reply
Dick

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The last campsite that we were in was wide open. There were trees across the campsite road from us (about 120 feet from the Tailgater) but we kept getting "no signal". This is why I was looking for information on the "angle" or line of site that the Tailgater needed to operate properly.

Thank you for your reply
Dick

Guess you have a "dumb phone". :) Sorry I couldn't resist that. LOL

Gizzy

We don't have a smart phone either. When in a tight area (trees, etc) I get the ZIP code for the location , go into the manual mode on the set up and put the ZIP in, that gives us the settings, then I will use the compass and try to locate a "hole" in the trees (just like with the old dish) then let the Tailgater do the rest. After all, it still has to be able to "see" those little metal things in the sky. Works for us "most" of the time, depending on our location.

Thank you for your reply
Dick