Please reassure me!

terawatt

Someone please tell me that this Heartland experience gets better. I went on trip number nine this past week and found a leaking holding tank(talk about disgusting), hydraulic leak in the front storage compartment, leaking water in the compartment where you pull the tank valves, and screws coming up through the kitchen floor again. I felt like I spent the whole trip trying to mitigate problems. Nine total trips and every time the FW ends up back in the shop. I have owned the coach a little over a year now and have logged a total of four months of that in the shop. Of course I am operating on the extened warranty now (sure glad I bought that).

I think I need a pep talk to stay optomistic.

Sorry for the rant; just a little frustrated.

jpmorgan37

terawatt;

I understand your frustration. We have been living in our coach since Feb. 06. We had some issues that were finally resolved by Recreational Specialties in Elkhart when we were there for the Rally. We have thoroughly enjoyed our coach since day one and would recommend a Heartland product to anyone. Pulling an eight ton "house" over some less than perfect roads will cause things to come apart or leak. It's part of the "fun" of RV'ing. This is our third fifth wheel and is the most trouble free unit that we have had. Keep the faith and enjoy your rig. There are better days ahead.

John

Last edited:

Uncle Rog

terawatt, good call on the warranty, I wasn't that smart. Once you get to a shop and they open 'er up go and take a look at the innards. Once you know what the issues are make sure they fix things right. We have the same units and believe me I know your frustration. We have resigned ourselves to accepting that nothing man made is going to be perfect and maintenance and upkeep are a given. One you get things sorted out you will have better times, OH yeah, change out those "china bombs" stuck on the ends of your axles, just for luck .....be good

C

Chulinw

terawatt, Hope you have a good service department that you can trust. After they call you and say everything is done, please double check to make sure that they did do it. I found out the hard way and had to write the owner a long letter about the service department and then got an appointment with him to go over everything. Then and only then did I finally got some good results. Even then they still did not secure the bell pan with the screws they took out and I ended up do that job myself.

vangoes

terawatt,
It really seems to be a relative question based on prior experiences. If you read the forum you can interprete that for some the problems experienced with Heartland products are normal relative to other products and for some the problems are far more than should be expected. I personally have owned 3 travel trailers, and two motorhomes and this is my first 5ver, so consequently I have my opinions. If you would like to discuss PM, please contact me.

jbeletti

JoeW4300 - banned

Just wanted to mention to those who read his last post, that I just deleted it and banned JoeW4300 as a forum member.

Banning a user is something that is very rarely ever done. In Joe's case, due to his unhappiness with his Bighorn, he moved on to another brand.

But coming back here to continue to bash Heartland was something I was not willing to tolerate.

I just wanted to explain this action to those who read his last post and wondered where it went and why.

Thanks,

Jim

terawatt

Good call Jim. Bashing will not benefit the conversation.

I am perfectly ok with having to continue to do normal maintainance, but this seems a little excessive. Overall, I am happy with my Heartland. I think I set my expectations a little too high when I purchased it, however. I have owned two travel trailers prior to the BH and figured I would make this big purchase so I wouldn't have the issues that I had before. It must be the nature of the beast.

Thanks for the responses. I feel better.

Cheryl

Glad to see him go. I remember another member who loved his unit at first, then had some big problems, turned into a basher and bought something else. I believe he was banned also. He bought another brand (Mobile Suites). Being the highly curious person I am, I went to read "their" forum on 5thwheelforums.com. He loved his MS....until he started having promblems. I think he ended up being banned from there too. Give Joe a couple of months, he'll have problems with his new brand too. Nothing is perfect.

C

Chulinw

I got my problems completely done by another dealer and thanks to Heartland for coming in an helping me a lot with the other dealer even after I was out of warranty by a few months. If you work with the factory the people will try really hard to make you happy from their end.
I know and from experience.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Terawatt
I have had my problems too. Chulin is right work with the factory and all will be ok. With ours it was dealer problems more than anything.
We love our unit even when we had a list a awful lot longer than yours.
Rand

Uncle Rog

There are too many forums out there that tolerate the few who are not trying to be constructive and have poor manners........This forum how ever, has some class and is well intended....

ct0218

Well put Roger. I belong to several forums, and have left a few, and this is by far the best run of any I have visited or been a member of. This one is generally "positive." I really enjoy reading the innovative ways different people have solved problems, then shared it with others. Nothing wrong with stating or presenting a problem, but after it is stated then it is time to work on a solution. Jim and John do an excellent job of staying on top of things and I, for one, appreciate it.