Window Question

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I recieved this in a PM and reposted it here hoping someone can help Andre with his problem.

Andre, your English is just fine and I hope you get some help from your friends. :)

[h=2]windows[/h]
Hello, I want to know if I can disassemble the frame of my windows to better insulate them against the cold. I have a 2011 North Country 20FS. When it's cold you can feel the air move.

Thank you for your attention
Andre

sorry my English is not very good I had it translated by Google​

CactusTwo

As a glazier and a trailer owner I can explain some options, you can remove the interior frame by removing the screws, there is a butyl sticky tape holding the frame into the openning, DO NOT PUSH. Low expansion foam "window and door" between the frame and openning, JUST A LITTLE do NOT fill full and put the inside frame back in quickly. There will always be a flush of cool air "dropping off" the glass as the warm air passes up by the glass. Single, double, triple pane glass makes no different ...warm air up, cool air down thus the breeze. Close the drapes, move your chair, board up the window, it is a fact of life

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
You may not have to remove the windows. The lower rail of the window frame has open air slots for drains, they let air in from the outside. ( 2 to 4 slots per window @ 1-1/2" x 1/8") Temporary plug those holes and see if that improves your issues.