Looking for ACTUAL weight sticker

saskrick

I'm trying to find my actual weight sticker on my 2010 31bdss. I'm told to look for a yellow sticker with the weight. The only yellow sticker I can find is on the door frame which says that the load should not exceed 2170 lbs. The gvw of the trailer is 8600, so if I subtract is that the actual build weight? 8600-2170=6430 or is there another sticker i should look for?

PeternLiane

I know the feeling. I have two yellow stickers. One on the door jam which says 4650 dry weight and to not exceed 2250 in extra weight. Then on the second one which is on the outside drivers side. That one say's the dry weight is 5250 and to not exceed 1650 in extra weight. I know the only way to find out the real weight is to take it to a weigh scale. But it would be nice to have the actual starting weight.

saskrick

I hope that's it. When I was shopping for trailers, on other brands, there was a sticker, usually in a cupboard that said actual delivered weight. This one makes sense, I was just wondering if Heartland did the same.

MC9

IIRC the last couple of times I toured the factory they said because of new fed regs. the last thing as the trailer goes out the door it goes over the scale and gets its sticker. Correct me if I'm wrong.

MC9

Used to be, look in NADA guides, no rig weighed over 9999#. I think it had to do with the 10,000# CDL thing.

PeternLiane

IIRC the last couple of times I toured the factory they said because of new fed regs. the last thing as the trailer goes out the door it goes over the scale and gets its sticker. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Should be right. However, which sticker is the out the door scale weight? Even though you really should take it to the scales and have it weighed it would be nice to know the real starting weight.

porthole

Retired
Last bay in the plant, the trailer is weighed and your cargo capacity is printed on that yellow label which is on the door frame. It used to be placed in one of the cabinets.

Subtract the sticker's max cargo capacity form the listed GVW and you will have your trailer's "as built" weight.
The decal on the left front outside body panel, listing the GVW, will be the same for all trailers of the same model. The cargo capacity changes based on options installed.