Got it waxed!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
It has been a couple years since I had waxed our Landmark so I had decided that I had put it off long enough. I was off work yesterday(Friday) so at around 7:00 a.m. I got out my ladder,buffer,wax and wax rags and I got started.I had to stop for about and hour to go to town, but at aroud 3:00 I got the job done. The "Mark" looks alot better now and I am glad that the job is done.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hey terry the Grey Ghost says ya can up h're & do her of course after ya get rested.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Photos or it didn't happen......:D
Soon as my grandsons out of school ours is going to get a polishing.
(he's 7 and wants to earn money)

ihsolutions

2 years? What???

You're lucky someone didn't call social services and take your baby away...

I can't do mine any less than twice a year. I feel negligent otherwise...

trdeal

2 years? What???

You're lucky someone didn't call social services and take your baby away...

I can't do mine any less than twice a year. I feel negligent otherwise...

You are right of course. I guess I am a bad daddy. It is just one of those things I dreaded to do and kept putting it off. It sure looks good.Washed and treated the top last weekend so now we are good to go.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

trdeal

Hey terry the Grey Ghost says ya can up h're & do her of course after ya get rested.

Thanks for the invite Nathan and Byrd. I guess with 4 of us working it wouldn't take long at all.

trdeal

Photos or it didn't happen......:D
Soon as my grandsons out of school ours is going to get a polishing.
(he's 7 and wants to earn money)

Sorry. No photos,but it is like my grandma Deal used to say. That thing is so slick that a fly would slide down and burst its behind if it landed on it.

ZNK

What kind of wax and buffer did you use? I have an orbital buffer that works well on cars. Not sure how it would work on my coach...

jtwhites85

This is what I waxed ours with: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Marine/Home/Products/Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20S4K7000000_nid=GSQPSZNL4HgsH8PTZGX97RglGSJS11T0NCbl
I used a cloth to apply it, light buffing with a towel and orbital buffer for final polish. I found out that the 10” buffer worked much better than the 6” as the 6 would leave swirls that were easily seen. Next time I wax though I will probably use Mothers as the oxidation is gone and should be easier to maintain. Took me about 7 hours from start to finish but it was worth it to see the showroom look. Had my previous RV waxed by a “professional” before but nobody will do it like the owner.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
How much of the product did it take to wax the rig? We need to do this, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lduguay

Lance,

Is that a satellite image taken from space? That camper sure is shiny!

Nope, it can be seen ANYWHERE in the North Carolina....probable SC too!!
mrmagoo.gif

It is AMAZING what a little wax does to one of the first Heartlands!!!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Nope, it can be seen ANYWHERE in the North Carolina....probable SC too!!
View attachment 19282

It is AMAZING what a little wax does to one of the first Heartlands!!!!

There's a blinding light to the South up here in Northern Virginia! I'm somewhat embarrassed - mine looks terrible right now. Hope to give it a good bath at the Blue Beacon on the way to the rally.