Air Conditioning cycles off and on

bowtorc

I am sure that this has been addressed but my memory is not what it used to be. After cooling the unit down to the desired temp. the air cycles on and off every minute or so. Can anyone help me with my memory lapse? I'm sure that I have read something about this before.

Thanks
Roger:(

jpmorgan37

Roger;

It depends a lot on the outside temperature, your A/C temperature setting and, here is the biggie, whether you have dual pane windows or single pane. My last two fifth wheels didn't have the dual pane windows and the A/C cycled constantly. With the dual pane windows, mine doesn't come on and off frequently unless the outside temperature is above 90 degrees. Some people have changed the thermostat to a digital where they can control the cycling range. I believe that the one in our GC is on a + 1 - 1 setting and is not adjustable.

John

khalsey

I have the same annoying problem but last week I had less cycling when using the "I FEEL" on the remote and setting it on the floor pointing up at the sensor.

bowtorc

That's something I have not tried. I'm not sure what is causing it but if the unit is losing temp. that fast there is some serious problems with insulation. This is our 9th unit and I have never had this problem. I'll give it a try

Thanks
Roger:D