Genesis 3.0 Sound issues

JJOren

We have a Genesis 3.0 in our Landmark. When we listen to a DVD or when we listen to our TV via the Genesis the audio is terribly "basey", sounds as though the dialogue is in an echo chamber. I've heard this before on my home system and it was the choice of sound style in the audio set up and was a simple thing to change.

I've been through this book countless times and nearly rubbed the spots off the pictures! And, obviously, I'm not terribly good with pictures! I need someone to give me a point by point text description of how to change this setting.

THANKS

JJOren

Well, if you find it or think of it let me know!!! .....at the moment I'm saving my money to replace the unit as it is unacceptable the way it is.

danemayer

We have a Genesis 3.0 in our Landmark. When we listen to a DVD or when we listen to our TV via the Genesis the audio is terribly "basey", sounds as though the dialogue is in an echo chamber. I've heard this before on my home system and it was the choice of sound style in the audio set up and was a simple thing to change.

I've been through this book countless times and nearly rubbed the spots off the pictures! And, obviously, I'm not terribly good with pictures! I need someone to give me a point by point text description of how to change this setting.

THANKS
John and Janie,

I don't have the same equipment, but looking at the manual I'll hazard a guess what needs to change. As you go through the menus, before making changes, write down the current settings so you can back up if necessary.

Go to the SPEAKER SETUP menu.
Select SUBWOOFER and set it to OFF.
Go to CENTER DELAY and set it to 0 ms.
Go to REAR DELAY and set it to 0 ms.
Go to BASS MODE and set it to OFF
EXIT speaker setup.

Go to OUTPUT SETUP
Select DYNAMIC RANGE and set to OFF
EXIT the output setup

At this point I would expect the system will no longer sound bassy or have a booming sound. However, it may sound a bit tinny. If it does, I would try reversing each of these changes, one at a time to see how it sounds. With a bit of trial and error, you should be able to tune the sound.