Sound System

MTPockets

We have these four nice looking speakers hanging from our ceiling, but for the life of me, I can't get any sound when watching TV. The book doesn't do anything for me either. I never listen to the radio - Is there a way to get sound from these speakers by simply turning on the TV?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to get your TV sound through those speakers.
You will most likely have to add a wire or two and have your sound system turned on.
What model TV and sound system do you have? Someone on this forum should be able to help you.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hoefler

Those are for the surround sound or theater sound played through your DVD player/radio. Turn it on and thumb through the selections for sources, you will get one for the TV, select it and mute the TV.

danemayer

First, you need a connection from TV audio out, to Surround Sound audio in. This will often be a cable with RCA Phono connectors such as you might find on any stereo. They typically have red and white color coded connectors. If the cable also supports video, there will be a 3rd, yellow connector. You'll have to look at the back of the TV and back of the surround sound to see if there's a cable in place. If you use a 3 wire cable, you can just leave the yellow connector hanging loose at each end. Some of the TVs don't have RCA phono jack outputs, and people have used 1/8" headphone jacks as the audio source. If that's your situation, you'll have to get a different cable, but they're not hard to find.

Second, the surround sound input needs to be set to use the audio coming from this cable. Often, that'll be a setting called AUX, but it's going to vary by device. The user guide will identify this.

Third, some TVs will always send audio out over these wires, but others have to have audio out selected on the TV menu. Again, the user guide for the TV will help figure this out.

After getting it set up, you will still have to turn on both the surround sound and the TV in order to get what you want. As long as you don't change the settings, that'll probably be all that's required from that point on.

Westwind

I did it and posted a thread talking about it and explaining how I did it, search for it and if you have the Jensen radio you should be able to do the same. It does make a difference. Good Luck. If I can help PM me.

MTPockets

We have a Genesis system. The Am/Fm Cd players all work OK, plus I got the telephone bluetooth link to work. The TV is wired with the Red, white, yellow inputs and a fourth cable that is red & white that is connected to the digital audio port on back of the TV. It seems everything is connected - just can't get the TV sound thru those speakers.... I've tried each of the settings on the Genesis Aux1, 2 & 3, plus the A,B,C buttons turned "on" ..... they each control a different set of speakers which all work for the other functions, just not the TV sound.

Like I said, Seems like the TV should automatically come thru those speakers without having to go thru a bunch of button pushing. Some of these "convenience items" are the most frustrating.....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You say that the red and white are connected to the digital audio port on the TV. Are they connected to the L-R out on the TV? They should be.
Then the other end of those two should be connected to an AUX in on the back of the Genesis.
Sometimes when switching the input selector on the audio system you may have to wait a little bit before it recognizes the input signal.

Peace
Dave