Apollo is working again. And guess who fixed it.

We have a 2009 BH 3370. While in the valley our half time oven quit. It was doing everything but heating. Light worked, table turned, but wouldn't heat my coffee. I found a tech here at home he looked at it ,ordered parts, put them in and now my coffee gets good and hot. The tech said it is better than new because of some difference between the old stuff he took out and the new stuff he put in. The tech works for a local appliance repair place here in Louisville. He is also my youngest son. Nice to have one in the family.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Ours quit heating too. Kenny fixed ours e-mailed and called Apollo and they were on help at all!!

jbeletti

Ours quit heating too. Kenny fixed ours e-mailed and called Apollo and they were on help at all!!

Kathy, when you say you contacted Apollo - did you contact the manufacturer or did you contact Midwest Sales - their distributor? We've heard a lot of great success stories from those who'ce worked with Midwest Sales. Hope nothing has changed there :(

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I called the number on the portal. I also e-mailed them to no help but that's OK Kenny fixed it .. I still love my Half Time can't beat it for cooking wish I had one in the house!!

We have a 2009 BH 3370. While in the valley our half time oven quit. It was doing everything but heating. Light worked, table turned, but wouldn't heat my coffee. I found a tech here at home he looked at it ,ordered parts, put them in and now my coffee gets good and hot. The tech said it is better than new because of some difference between the old stuff he took out and the new stuff he put in. The tech works for a local appliance repair place here in Louisville. He is also my youngest son. Nice to have one in the family.
Our Apollo is doing the same thing. What was done to repair it?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I called the number on the portal. I also e-mailed them to no help but that's OK Kenny fixed it .. I still love my Half Time can't beat it for cooking wish I had one in the house!!

Same thing my wife says. Ours is still working fine, fortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandyDeb

Anyone have a good contact name and number for Midwest sales? My Apollo is down... Would rather fix it (if possible) rather than replace it.

wdk450

I don't know if anyone has had luck with Midwest Sales, but here's a link to buy a new one that should fit:

http://www.apollohalftimeoven.com

Erika:
Midwest sales was modifying the old Apollo halftime ovens with an external blower assembly for RV use. Originally this unit was made for countertop use, and overheated in the trailer's enclosed cabinets. So a new Apollo would probably have to be modified.

I moved on to a Sharp R-309Y microwave (No convection function - I have a countertop convection oven/broiler) which had the right dimensions for the Apollo bezel. I had to modify the Apollo feet mounting system to match the Sharp. Later on, I added a squirrel cage blower that I found on E-Bay. The blower is mounted to the top rear of the microwave, and blows out the top vents of the bezel. It is wired into the microwave circuit that runs the internal light, which is only on when cooking in this unit (something I don't like).

The Apollo's that are not working might have a blown magnetron fuse. It is a big diameter fuse near the right top rear of the unit. DO NOT ATTEMPT REPAIRS IF YOU ARE AT ALL UNCERTAIN ABOUT ELECTRICAL SAFETY. UNPLUG THE UNIT, AND USE A WIRE TO THE METAL CASE TOUCHED TO BOTH SIDES OF THE FUSE BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO REMOVE IT. Best of all worlds, find a microwave or appliance repair shop in your area. I believe that Sears still states that they service all brands.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Erika:
Midwest sales was modifying the old Apollo halftime ovens with an external blower assembly for RV use. Originally this unit was made for countertop use, and overheated in the trailer's enclosed cabinets. So a new Apollo would probably have to be modified.

I moved on to a Sharp R-309Y microwave (No convection function - I have a countertop convection oven/broiler) which had the right dimensions for the Apollo bezel. I had to modify the Apollo feet mounting system to match the Sharp. Later on, I added a squirrel cage blower that I found on E-Bay. The blower is mounted to the top rear of the microwave, and blows out the top vents of the bezel. It is wired into the microwave circuit that runs the internal light, which is only on when cooking in this unit (something I don't like).

The Apollo's that are not working might have a blown magnetron fuse. It is a big diameter fuse near the right top rear of the unit. DO NOT ATTEMPT REPAIRS IF YOU ARE AT ALL UNCERTAIN ABOUT ELECTRICAL SAFETY. UNPLUG THE UNIT, AND USE A WIRE TO THE METAL CASE TOUCHED TO BOTH SIDES OF THE FUSE BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO REMOVE IT. Best of all worlds, find a microwave or appliance repair shop in your area. I believe that Sears still states that they service all brands.

Bill, these units are not the same as previous, I believe they have a whole new guts. (If you look at their site, you can see they look different). We started to buy one, but sold our rig before it was shipped, so we cancelled. They were not happy as they said they build to order.

wdk450

Bill, these units are not the same as previous, I believe they have a whole new guts. (If you look at their site, you can see they look different). We started to buy one, but sold our rig before it was shipped, so we cancelled. They were not happy as they said they build to order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Do the new style Apollo fit the old bezel? The OP said that they had a 2009 Bighorn, so I assumed they had the old Apollo, like my original. BTW, I had my 1st Apollo go out in the warranty year, the dealer changed it out, the next one went out after a couple of years, I had it fixed at a microwave (only) service store in Sacramento for about $85, then that failed after a few more years, at which point I moved on to the Sharp microwave. No problems with the Sharp after about 5 years.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Do the new style Apollo fit the old bezel? The OP said that they had a 2009 Bighorn, so I assumed they had the old Apollo, like my original. BTW, I had my 1st Apollo go out in the warranty year, the dealer changed it out, the next one went out after a couple of years, I had it fixed at a microwave (only) service store in Sacramento for about $85, then that failed after a few more years, at which point I moved on to the Sharp microwave. No problems with the Sharp after about 5 years.

Yes, Bill I think so, or they may send a new bezel. I'm not saying they are great quality. ;)

In our case the unit was under the stovetop, and had its controls integrated into the front edge of the stove. The only replacement I could find that fit perfectly was this -- but they changed the controls, so the unit no longer had to be connected to the stovetop to operate.

I'm saying it's an option. So is changing brands, if you're so inclined.

RandyDeb

Looks like we are going to have to get a new one. No one in this part of the world will work on the Apollo...