Directv HD (Edge M21)

GPSTX

Ok, I think I figured out by reading some of the posts that you can't use the cable connection on the outside of the trailer to get a satellite signal inside the trailer. I have a 2010 Edge M21. I'm trying to get a tripod mounted slimeline 5 hooked up to the TV inside via a Directv HD receiver! The only way to get any signal to the receiver is to route the wire through an open window and connect it directly to the satellite receiver. It seems like I need to run a dedicated satellite line? Or is there a satellite connection on the M21 that I don't know about? Also, will Directv HD work without a direct line to the receiver? All my house connections are straight runs from the dish to the receiver! How would you handle this dilemma? Thanks for the help ahead of time!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
HERE is a link to a recent discussion on that topic. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/30234-SOLVED-Satellite-TV-Hookup-question
You may find some useful information there.

Peace
Dave

GPSTX

One other question. Do you have any tips for pointing a slimline 5? I have 100' RG6 with the regular run of the mill signal meter. (I bought the kit which includes tripod, slimline 5, 100' RG6 cable, compass, and signal meter from Amazon.com.) The best signal strength I get is around an average of 88. Do you know the minimum signal strength to receive HD? Hopefully I can figure this out this weekend! Going to Lake Catherine State Park in Arkansas!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Trying to line up 5 satellites verses 1 is a little bit trickier but we do it all the time. When you get the setup coordinates from the menu by using the zip code for the area that you are located, go to satellite 109, transponder 25 to do the tuning (this was recommended us to due by the DirecTv serviceman), usually the other satellites fall in place. 99% of the time it works, sometimes we have to tweek it a little but get all the HD+ stations.

danemayer

I use a Tracker Plus which lets me get signal strength in the high 90s pretty quickly (the dish and LNB are in very good condition, which is important). It's pricey at around $180 shipped, but I just got tired of running in to see the signal strength and then running outside to make a adjustment - 10 or 15 times to get a good signal. I know it's a zillion times easier with a standard def dish, but having that high-def 42" TV, I want a solid hi-def signal. And I haven't been willing to lay out the big bucks yet for an automatic dish that gets Directv HiDef.

SatPro.tv has a good selection of meters and can advise you on difference choices.