Keyless entry?

hoosblues

We just picked up our new Bighorn 3585 a few days ago. So far, we love it! I noticed that we do not have the keyless entry that the website shows under features and benefits. This is a 2013 model Bighorn. Did they do away with the keyless feature?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
yes, it is my understanding that the keyless entry is no longer offered.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's nice but is a pain in the --- for maintenance. Mine just went out again. I have one battery left. May or may not bother fixing it. I always carry a key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoosblues

I was thinking that it would be nice to not have to carry keys when heading to the pool, or biking around the campground....but I have since read about the challenges of the keyless system. I guess I'll just use keys.

Dixiedeer

Hi,
Congrads on your new unit. We just just picked up our 3685 two 3 weeks ago. Pretty much loaded up. Love the Level Up system. Now to the point of the Keyless Entry. We were dissapointed that when we picked up the unit that it did not have the keyless entry. Some where along the line, we were told that it did have a remote (key fob) that opened the door. After picking it up, the key fob was then referred to the Remote that opens Awning, Slides and Landing gear. NO Door there ! After futher research, I saw on Liperts website a link to http://rvlock.com/ that Road Junkie talked about. So this lead me to think that there was talk about this been included but it has not made its way to the early 2013's yet. I do see a Lippert sticker on our door window so it is Lippert. It will be interesting to see if they start putting the system on the newer 2013s.

Shawn and Jamie
Newport News, VA

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are considering the rvlock. We were looking at them before Lippert bought the company that invented them. It would be a unique selling feature if HL could have them on their rigs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXTiger

I just bought a Cyclone 4014 last week, no keyless entry. I have a 2012 Ford F-350 with keyless entry as a tow vehicle. I just keep a spare set of keys to the Ford and the Cyclone in the truck and use the keyless entry to the truck to retrieve my keys. Simple!! Just don't leave the keys in view in the truck.

Westwind

I have the keyless entry on my 2012 Heartland 2012, I haven't used it because of the early problems that everyone had with the battery life and the replacement of the keypad. Yes is sounds like a neat idea but I don't need to be locked out of the trailer "anywhere". This type of system needs to be fail safe before implemented. Ford has used it for years but there system is a different type that doesn't depend on hearing aid batteries.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use mine all the time. I love it and would hats to be without it. Mine gets about 4 to 5 months off a battery. What needs to be fixed is the way it connects tonthe coach. I plan on putting a piece of Velcro by the door and also one in the battery compartment. That way when parked it can be by the door and when traveling put it in the compartment where it will not be lost.

from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Westwind

I used heavy duty double sided tape and it has held well to the outside of the trailer ( 3-months in Florida and the trip down and back from RI), but I don't have a battery in it and have never tried it. Like I said there is no defined life to a battery and I don't need to be locked out without keys. I wish there was a keypad that was hardwired to the
trailer and no need for a battery. Truthfully that is how it should have been set up right from the start.