New Big Country

Sajo

Just purchased our new 2013 Big Country Gold Edition 3650 and scared to death on towing. This is our 4th RV but our first 5th wheel. Picking up tomorrow morning in Summerdale Al. and towing with a 2007 Dodge 2500 with 6.7 cummings. Have installed timbrens on rear so we should be go to go. Wish us luck!!

sajo

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the Heartland Forum and Heartland Family. BC Gold Edition. Nice.

Peace
Dave

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the new rig...you will love the Big Country. Not to worry...they tow so well you must be careful to remember it's behind you! :) I sent you a PM with some information about weights etc of our set-up. Maybe it will be helpful!

Best Wishes!

Edit...I guess I can't send you a PM so ignore the (I sent you) statement!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new 3650. Hope you love it as much as we love ours. Don't worry about towing it - it's well balanced and pulls true. I'm even pulling the coach by myself from one end of Tennessee to the other end cuz hubby is out of state working and it's the only way I can get it to a rally. The only thing I can tell you is that there's a long tail behind ya so plan accordingly.
B--

Sajo

Thanks all for the kind words. Sarah and I are so excited about tomorrow. Heading to Desota State Park Alabama next Sunday for a week.I understand the route going into the park is rather steep. We'll see how the cumming can handle the load. Later......
Sajo

rockerdude

Congratulations! We just bought our 2013 Big Country 3650 yesterday and will pick it up on Memorial Day. I've been pulling 5th wheels for 16 years and you will find as I have and many others, that it is no problem at all. Just remember to swing wide on your turns at intersections. Backing into spots are actually going to be easier with the longer wheel base than shorter trailers.
We are very excited to get our new 3650rl and try it out. It is a beautiful trailer inside and out and looks like they are built very well to boot. Take care

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depending on the size of your dealer's lot, try manuevering it around a bit in there before hitting the road. A good dealer should actually encourage you to do that if it's your first 5'er. But, the pucker factor diminishes pretty quick once you get a feel for it. Just remember that your mirrors are your friends and speed/panic braking isn't.

bill40

Enjoy your new rig we love ours, they tow great. Just take your time and as John said your mirrors are your friend.

Sajo

Hey Everyone
We made it home just fine without any problems. Yes John, the pucker factor didn't last long although that is one long sucker! Rockerdude, it's sooooo nice!! You're gonna love it! We're leaving Sunday for a week at Desota State Park, Al. and this will be the first real test on backing and all other things. Thanks to all and God Bless. Good camping,
Sajo

Sajo

Hi to all

Great trip to Desota State Park, Al and no problems climbing Lookout Mountain. This rig pulls so easy and true. Heading to Gulf Shores, Al mid June but may try to camp at Wind Creek State Park near Alexander City, Al. next weekend. This is the largest state owned park (615 sites) in the United States! Getting more confidence each trip......