Cable Booster ?

mls6124

I 'm trying to find the cable booster box on a Heartland Northtrail 32QBSS. Does any body know where it might be located? underbelly, in the wall around the radio?? I want to run the 3 lines out to sat reciever but when I hook up from outside I dont get any signal, but if I wire direct outside I get a picture.

jimtoo

Re: cale booster

Hi mls6124,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The antenna booster is usually near the bedroom tv location in most trailers. But I don't know for sure about the Northtrail. You cannot run satellite wiring through the booster at all. Maybe someone with a Northtrail will jump in and help out.

Jim M

Nathan

Re: cale booster

MLS,
I have a North Trail 30QOK. I don't know why you would want to run three lines. I can help you get it working. You do have to go around the Amplified booster using a Diplexer (special type of splitter you can pick up at home depot or radio shack). These are the exact instructions that I used to get mine working.
IT FINALLY WORKS!!!!
OK. Guys.. I did what Silverado said and it works. Park Cable, Antenna and Satellite TV. This is what I did. 1) Hooked Satellite cable directly to receiver to ensure I have a signal. 2) unhooked the cable from the reciever and put it in the park cable hook up. IT did not work. 3) Unscrewed the amplifier and hooked the Satellite cable to the middle wire (Cable).(So, the feed from the LNB is in the "park cable" outlet barrel connected to where the park cable was plugged into the amplifier and ran that to the TV receiver and this worked, so now I have figured out that at least the main feed from the outside to the amplifier will allow me to keep my satellite signal. 4) Run to Radio shack and picked up a Diplexer $21.99(note: they are 11.99 at home depot and I found that out later). 5) hook up diplexer and then run all the cables back to where they were with a jumper now going to the amplifier. 6) Run a new wire from the new connection on the diplexer to the reciever in the main area. I did this because the cable that was run to the TV would not support the satellite connection (go figure). 7) put new wall plate on so it supports the two connection (park cable/satellite). If you need to see pics click here.

The thread I posted them in was here //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/30234-SOLVED-Satellite-TV-Hookup-question/page2 .

In the end it was pretty easy to figure out. I only hook up 1 satellite box so I can only get 1 channel on all my TV's at once. That is all I need. Good luck and I hope this helps..Pls let me know.

funkyg

I have a 2011 32QBSS and I just found the booster this past week. I know the living room TV area setup may be slightly different depending on model year, but our booster is a tiny red button that is on the cable outlet faceplate in the cabinet under the TV. Then you have to set the TV to scan the channels, then it will work. That was with cable TV, so with a dish you may just have to set it to the correct video connection and rely on the receiver box. As stated previously on this thread--the Booster has to be OFF if you are hooking up to Sat or Cable. Booster is only used for an Antenna signal. Also--there will be a red LED light to indicate the booster is on.

Hope that helps. I had that shelf full of stuff and looked all over the place for the booster before I thought of taking another look down there to see if it was there.