License Plate Attach?

tennbrad

Hey all-

About to embark and had a simple but puzzling question: How do you all attach your license plate to your MPG? In the fall, I attached one using the plastic ties and after two days someone cut the ties and stole the plate....don't wanna risk that again but can't find any screws that will work...there are no holes in the body of the MPG and theres so little room between the slots of the plate holder and the body of the MPG there's no room to attach nuts....I'm stumped, if not very bright....any suggestions?

Thanks as usual,
brad

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
tennbrad, there should be a bracket or a license plate light that is above the mounting point. All states require a light for the rear license plate.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Plastic nuts and screws should work....you can easily cut off the excess length with a razor blade. Or silicone it on, use painters tape to hold it in place till the silicone cures.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe you should contact the dealer you bought it from and ask them what they did with the plate bracket. I haven't seen a trailer yet that didn't have some kind of mount for it.

kb0zke

Brad, our 181 has a bracket under the left tail light. As John said, you should ask the dealer what happened to the bracket.

CliffP

Hey all-

About to embark and had a simple but puzzling question: How do you all attach your license plate to your MPG? In the fall, I attached one using the plastic ties and after two days someone cut the ties and stole the plate....don't wanna risk that again but can't find any screws that will work...there are no holes in the body of the MPG and theres so little room between the slots of the plate holder and the body of the MPG there's no room to attach nuts....I'm stumped, if not very bright....any suggestions?

Thanks as usual,
brad

2012-04-24 20.13.51.jpg

Our dealer didn't have any bolts when we picked ours up. I'd like to know what bolts are supposed to be used here too. I was planning to get some nylon carriage type bolts and putting the nuts on the outside so the rounded part of the bolt is on the camper side of the plate. Its on the to do list.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
When mtly dealer installed ours on our LM they had a speacial flat nut and bolt they used. Not by our coach now but I would think a car parts store would have them.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Nogyro

I had the same problem. First I removed the license plate bracket from the trailer. Then I took some regular 1/4" bolts and ground down the heads till there was just enough to get a wrench on and installed them with the heads towards the trailer. While the LP holder was off, I put a good bead of caulking around the 1 inch hole that was behind it to seal it up. I also put a dabb a silicone on the heads of the bolts so they wouldn't rub against the trailer.