2012 LM San Antonio "It's here"

I had the dealer deliver the new/used 2012 San Antonio (Aka:The Mobile Alamo) to a local RV park so we could play fulltimers this week. So far so good. I think...lol. Only a few minor issues. Somehow a screw from the day night shades pulled from the wall during transport.(should these be up or down during transport in the future?) I have no idea why such a long screw is used in such thin material but that should be an easy fix. The dealer didn't lock the shower and I guess from slamming back and forth during transport the handles slammed apart and came off. No broken glass and I already fixed it better than new. (fyi:these are just pressed on and have a thin vinyl sleeve.) I used adhesive rubber splicing tape and very gently tapped with a girly hammer and they went right back on. The Mattress is awful but will be replaced today. I was told that it was a residential size king but I have a funny feeling this is untrue, but it doesnt matter because I know how to slice the Memory foam from home using some Mcguyver skills. I was hoping to be fortunate enough to miss out on the "popping" noise, but as the sun heated the landing gear this morning it started. Seems to do it more when there was movement in the trailer but I am hoping this can be resolved with large woodblocking under all six points. I rented a movie and grabbed a cold adult beverage and reclined. I love the TV, The Built in DVD player stuttered and skipped a bit on 2 different movies but then it started acting right. ( What are the unused set of AV cables in the cabinet above the TV for?) We had some pretty good rain and we stayed super dry inside. It got a bit cold so I fired up the furnace. I was impressed with how quickly it warmed the place up. I was somewhat disappointed in how soon it got chilly and had to come back on. I had to get on the roof to get some of the exterior seals to unfold around the slide outs? ( is this normal? anyone have a trick from the ground?) I couldn't believe how thin the roof membrane is but was impressed by how solid the roof felt. I do not want to go up there often because of the membrane. Overall I am still very happy with our decision and purchase. Oh yeah, any advise on the grey2 tank showing 2/3 when empty?

Just thought I would share..... Hope everyone is having a great time wherever you are!

Best Wishes,

Nathan

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The unused cables may be to hook the audio out from the TV (assuming it has theat) back to the Aux in on the receiver so that the TV plays thru the surround sound speakers. That's how mine is set up. If so, you may have to check the settings on the TV. Some of them require the sound output to be set in the menu.

I wouldn't worry about walking on the roof membrane. Tennis shoes or boat shoes aren't going to hurt it.

jpdoggett

My 2011 Augusta the grey and the black tank has never read right, they are junk but you have what you have

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the forum! Another Texan! Be sure to check out the rallies the the Texas area, as well as the upcoming one, May 24-27, just north of the border by our good friends starting the Oklahoma Chapter.

Erika

danemayer

Hi Nathan,
Congrats on your purchase.

When we go skiing, I have to get up on the roof a couple of times a week to clean snow off the roof and slide awnings. The membrane is pretty strong.

It would be nice if the tank indicators were accurate but don't count on it; especially the black/holding tank indicator. One caution, if you ever see the fresh tank indicator start showing full when you didn't add any water, you'll want to investigate to prevent damage in case the tank is getting filled due to a defect in the system.

Hope you'll join us at Texas rallies. If you look on the menu under events, you'll find an upcoming rally October 5-7 in Boerne, near San Antonio.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". The Landmark is the cadillac of RVs. Enjoy and travel safely.

Ok got the mattress swapped, residential king fits a little snug but will work just fine. The Fridge fan either became very loud on day 4 or my hearing got a whole lot better because I can hear it over the TV but not the AC. I finally got the nerve to see just how long of a shower I could take before running out of hot water and I never did. I only shut it off because I felt I was wasting water. I figured out how to get the lens off the frosted halogen flush mounted surface lights. the legs are still popping but I haven't done the wood trick yet. I am still pleased but the more I look around the more I realize why China owns the U.S. For those that don't know the new oxynetics shower wand has a shut off if you twist the lower handle band, ( about 6 inches down from the made in china sticker.. lol) Hope everyone is safe and having fun.
Nathan