Genesis 3.0 Sound issues

JJOren

We have a Genesis 3.0 in our Landmark. When we listen to a DVD or when we listen to our TV via the Genesis the audio is terribly "basey", sounds as though the dialogue is in an echo chamber. I've heard this before on my home system and it was the choice of sound style in the audio set up and was a simple thing to change.

I've been through this book countless times and nearly rubbed the spots off the pictures! And, obviously, I'm not terribly good with pictures! I need someone to give me a point by point text description of how to change this setting.

THANKS​

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We no longer use the 3.0 in our coach, but if I remember right, to set the audio, the menu screen comes up on the TV. Youhave to take it off the preset equalizer options and then you can adjust the bass, treble etc. with the mode button and I think the double arrow search button.

Maybe someone who has done it recently can help out.

BobFields

The Genesis 3 is a 5.1 Surround Sound System and with the factory defaults will play correctly. NO changes should need to be made. If you have made any changes, please turn the unit on then press and hold the MODE button until the unit shuts off. Try again.

JJOren, once you do the above do your speakers sound the same? It almost sounds like a wiring issue. You may want to verify all the speaker connections on the back of the units or have your dealer do it as a warranty issue. Please let me know what happens.

Also as I mentioned in other threads, I do not believe you have a subwoofer installed from the factory so, you may want to add on. It will make a huge difference. I can help you with that too.

JJOren

Hi Bob...thanks for the feedback. The problem has nothing to do with how it sounds playing a DVD. It sounds fine there. Where I have the problem is with TV. It is hooked to AUX 3 and when it plays through the system the audio is horribly bassy. .... . almost like an echo chamber. I have a sony at home. When I use it there are about 5-6 different settings on there that try to emulate the various sounds in a theatre setting. One of them is very bassy to accentuate the effects in some of the action movies. By using that setting on my home TV I can duplicate the nature of the sound I'm getting on the Genesis. I guess I assumed the Genesis had the same types of profiles available.

If not, then I suspect that I'm not going to be able to use the Genesis with the TV...unfortunately. I suppose it could be a wiring issue but I'm not sure how. It works fine. The quality of the signal is what the issue is. Having been in the electronics business for 30 years I know that for the most part, copper works or it doesn't.