Classy Chassis - My Experience

ihsolutions

Hi all,

As I have mentioned in a few other posts recently, I bought a new 2012 Silverado 3500 DRW a couple months ago, and had a conversion done at Classy Chassis in Valparaiso, IN. I live in metro Detroit, about 250 miles from their location; not exactly close, but not too far either.

I thought that in order to be fair to Classy Chassis, I owed them and our membership a review of my experiences now that the truck is finally "complete", and built to my exact specifications. I have made some positive comments up to this point about my experiences, as well as some that were less-than-flattering.

Disclaimer: I am an extremely picky and detail-oriented person, especially when it comes to major purchases like expensive tow vehicles, fifth wheels, etc.

Initially, at the time of delivery, the truck was not what I expected. This was due to some items I had ordered (such as a huge aux fuel tank/tool box) that made the truck unusable for practically any purpose but towing my BH. After voicing some of my frustrations, the owner (Tom Martin) called me to see what we could do to resolve the issues. I'm happy to say, that after two additional trips down to their facility, my truck is PERFECT! I don't blame them for any of the misunderstandings... doing this over the phone is challenging, and I probably rushed the process a bit.

To be clear, there was never an issue concerning the quality of their workmanship -- which is OUTSTANDING! My issues were all due to miscommunication, and lack of an understanding of what I was going to be getting. Tom and his crew take a lot of pride in what they do, and their reputation amongst their customers, and they made sure I was 100% satisfied when I left their lot this morning. As I said their quality of work is top-notch, and you never have to worry about something being done poorly or using any components that do not meet their high standards. It's great to know that they stand behind all the accessories they put in your truck.

So, if you're in the market for a new truck (or a really nice used one) be sure to check them out. They've certainly earned my repeat business. If you value doing business with a company that has a total commitment to customer
service and customer satisfaction, these are your guys. I think as Heartland owners, we can all relate to the importance of this. My advice is, take your time with them, ask lots of questions, and have them email you some pictures if you are ever uncertain about anything. They are more than willing to spend the time with you on the phone.

Vtxkid

Jeff,
Glad you were able to get everything worked out with Tom. I have had our CC 3500HD for about a year now and I have been in several areas of my truck since they have upgraded it and know they do quality work. No complaints here either!

jbeletti

Great feedback Jeff.

I brought my CC unit home last week. Been working day and night since with no time to play :(

Love the truck - the new Ford (6.7L) is fantastic so far. The Lariat Ultimate interior is pretty nice too. Oh man - cooled seats - way cool!

Jim