Crack in front of Rig

Nathan

Hey guys,

I have a 2012 30QOK that I recently purchased this March as a left over. It was built in March of 2011. While waxing the top front portion of the camper I noticed some cracking near where it begins to bend. This occurs in two places. The first is on the left side near the top (if looking at the camper from the front). This consists of several cracks over about a 7 to 8 inch span. The other is on the right side near the top. The one on the right is a singular crack wich runs about three inches in length.

Is this something I need to worry about? Is this normal? Does the fiberglass need to be replaced seeing it was just recently built? I have attached some pics. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2012-05-10 16.50.20.jpg
    2012-05-10 16.50.20.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 2012-05-10 16.35.57.jpg
    2012-05-10 16.35.57.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 2012-05-10 16.35.37.jpg
    2012-05-10 16.35.37.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

ZNK

That does not seem normal to me. I would assume that this would be covered under warranty. However, how are you storing the rig?

olcoon

I had similar cracks on the front cap of of our 5er. I called the factory & explained the problem. They told me that the front cap is put on as one piece, and that when the guys are installing it, if it isn't kept straight & they let the sides go either direction it will cause those cracks. I'd never noticed the cracks before, but like you was waxing it just before the warranty expired & saw them. Took it to the dealer & they sent it to a fiberglass shop & had it repaired. Now it's as good as new (at least I hope so!). Been a year now & so far they haven't re-appeared. Looks like you've got a TT & I don't know if the front would be constructed/installed the same as on a 5er.

I'd take it to the dealer & have them do some warranty work. Cracks never get better on their own! Hope this helps.

Nathan

Thanks guys. I will be sending my dealer these pics as well. I didn't think it was normal. I am storing it outside my house. BUT, I have literally owned it about a month!

cszimmer

LANDMARK RUSHMORE
Hey we had the same thing happen to our Landmark butwe caught it and they had to totally repaint the entire rear cap. Get that thing in and have it fixed under warranty!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You might contact HL Customer Service Directly as well, and send them the pics. Dealers sometimes can drag their feet or not give you the entire story. HL will take care of you. ;)

E