Our first "shake down" trip 2900MK

fishn2dmax

We had our first real trip of our new 2900 MK to a remote forest service camp ground high in the Rocky mountains. While the road there was paved, it was narrow and bumpy. Trailer did great! First things we noticed upon arrival is the closet pole had fallen and bent due to the right side pole bracket pulling out it's mounting screws. Found the screws were only secured in the the thin luan with no backer support bracing for the right bracket? We only had a couple of my levi pants and shirts on hangers on the right side, so It wasn't due to excessive weight. A few other minor surprises:
* No 110 Vac power in any of the rear or slide outlets? - found bad/poor wire crimps in all junction boxes I looked at ( someone used the wrong crimping tool setting at the factory)?.
* Main slide top doesn't extend out far enough leaving a 2" gap at top ?
* Mattress is hard as a rock!!! We will be changing the Mattress ASAP - sore aching back.
* feels and looks like some minor ( very small) bubbling or something under the floor vinyl in couple of spots in the kitchen ( not there during PDI) ?
WOW the bouncing roads must have shaken things up. We had saw dust on everything when we arrived. We believe It came down from the ceiling vents.

Overall, we're happy with the new 2900 MK. We received a lot of compliments from many other RV owners on how nice our unit looked. So far only minor issues :) ( assuming the slide issue is just an adjustment).

Sundance_kid

Glade to hear it's all still in one piece. I had to do a little adjustment on our cloths rod also, but like you said no biggie. Where in the Rockies did you go? We head for Canon City, Co. next Sunday to visit my son and family.