Jensen AWM910 stereo no work

suark

The lousy Jensen AWM910 doesn't work this year after getting out of storage, display won't change, no sound at all, doesn't break my heart. I can't seem to find another stereo that has the same A, B, A+B speaker switches that enable running just inside, just outside or all speakers. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, John

cooknsharry

Jensen AWM910 If I said my personal thoughts on this sterio no radio I would get edited off this site I know only good input here so with that said I say Shame on BH ? Shame on you if you replace it with another Jensen

tmcran

I have had same problem with Jenson radio. No sound and LED doesn't work.Junk and only junk.

T

Tfitz

My unit did the samething just last night, but by unscrewing the head unit and unplugging the wiring harness and plugging it back in it reset the unit and all seems to work now. My issue with this unit is my speaker on the interior are diagonal. when i have A on i get one speaker at the front and one speaker at the back but the back speaker is diagonal from the front. i have been playing with the wires for hours only to put it back as i found it. Few more beer and maybe i will figure out front back or left right :).

JENSENRVdirect

Hi John,

I’m sorry to hear about your difficulty with your AWM910. In some circumstances, when applying power to the radio from a no-power state, such as bringing a coach out of storage, a low-voltage condition may be present and/or a sudden surge from applying a battery charger may cause the radio to lock-up and need resetting. This can be done easily from the front panel. Look to the left of the AUD button on the front of the stereo. With a steady +12V applied, press and hold this button for 1-2 seconds using a ball point pen or pencil. This will act as a system reset, just as you reboot a computer. This should clear up the issue.

Tfitz - by unplugging and reconnecting the power harness, you in-effect, reset the system, which restored normal operating conditions. This is an acceptable method, but less convenient, than using the front panel reset button.

If you want to re-wire the stereo channels to better suit your needs, please refer to the wire color chart on the label on the rear of the stereo or in the owner’s manual.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

suark

Hi John,

I’m sorry to hear about your difficulty with your AWM910. In some circumstances, when applying power to the radio from a no-power state, such as bringing a coach out of storage, a low-voltage condition may be present and/or a sudden surge from applying a battery charger may cause the radio to lock-up and need resetting. This can be done easily from the front panel. Look to the left of the AUD button on the front of the stereo. With a steady +12V applied, press and hold this button for 1-2 seconds using a ball point pen or pencil. This will act as a system reset, just as you reboot a computer. This should clear up the issue.

Tfitz - by unplugging and reconnecting the power harness, you in-effect, reset the system, which restored normal operating conditions. This is an acceptable method, but less convenient, than using the front panel reset button.

If you want to re-wire the stereo channels to better suit your needs, please refer to the wire color chart on the label on the rear of the stereo or in the owner’s manual.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

I did this and it worked! Well, the radio works now but the clock and alarm do not. Better than a sharp stick in the eye I guess...

Rob_Fla

We have the Jensen AWM 910 and it works good and we are pleased with it.

We did buy the Jensen 12 Volt Powered Sub Woofer, and it made a BIG Difference in the sound quality.

We have our Dish Satellite reciever L & R audio output feeding the Jensen unit directly and the TV / Movie sound is great.