Sound bar for Sharp tv- help!

soilmovers

I bought a sound bar for our tv. We have a Sharp Aquos 42" that comes out of the bottom cabinet and is very close to the window.

The sound bar has audio cables (red and white) no problem connecting the sound bar. I can't find where to connect these to the tv. Using a mirror and flashlight doesn't help!

Am I looking for audio out? no luck with that.

Any help appreciated!

Cindy

danemayer

Cindy,

If you have the manual for the TV, or can download it, it'll probably have a drawing that shows where the connectors are located. We have a different Sharp model and I think the audio outs are on the left side edge. Might be the same for yours, but who knows.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our Sharp has RCA plugs on the left side back edge also.
Those are the one's I use to feed TV sound to the stereo, so I would think it should work for your sound bar. Trace

soilmovers

Cindy,

If you have the manual for the TV, or can download it, it'll probably have a drawing that shows where the connectors are located. We have a different Sharp model and I think the audio outs are on the left side edge. Might be the same for yours, but who knows.

The left side edge does not have RCA plugs- input 1, input 2 looks similar to USB, headphone and USB port. Taking a closer look, there is nothing marked audio out anywhere on the back. I just don't know enough about electronic stuff. where are my kids when I need them!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
You may have done this, but a TV I had awhile back, had jacks facing downward on the bottom back edge. Trace

soilmovers

chances are the TV may have a digital audio out used for sending digital audio signals to a digital stereo receiver. Most likely, you'll need to get a headphone (1/8" stereo mini-plug) to RCA audio cable. The cable may look something like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Y-Audio-Adapter-6/16561335.
View attachment 19343

thanks for the info. The manuel shows this cable included in the box. Not so, it's RCA audio on both ends. Appreciate everyone's time!

Cindy