Stuck CD

FordBRT

I have a Jensen AWM970 in our Elkridge. It seems to have a CD stuck in the player. Any suggestions on how to remove it??

Thanks

Darren

danemayer

CD players used to have little pinholes on the front panel so you could push a paperclip in and press the release mechanism. These days, if there's a software glitch keeping the tray from opening, most are supposed to respond by holding down one of the buttons for 7-8 seconds. Try the open/close button. If that doesn't work, maybe try the power button, or both power and eject at the same time.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The manuals for that unit on Jensen's website don't talk about releasing a stuck disc, but the diagrams do show what appears to be a hole under the disc holder (above the Dolby logo) that might be the release for the tray. If you can remove the unit from its mounting, you might be able to access the CD tray from the backside. If all else fails, call Jensen Monday. I've dealt with them (on TV's) and they seem to be good folks.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I looked at ours just now. It's not a hole, it's a little indented button, looks like a 'reset' button. Not sure what it will do, but you could try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordBRT

Thanks for all the advice folks. I took the stereo out today and opened up the back. I was able to push the CD out the front and get it removed. Only trouble now is the stereo won't accept a new disk!! Back to the dealer it goes......

Darren

Sandie

That happened to us. We had to pull the fuse out but the disk is still stuck in it. Ours going back to dealer too.