Pull-out bed won't stay flat

Dylan

We had visitors, so we used the pull-out bed in the couch of our 3670RL for the first time. It wouldn't stay flat to the floor at the foot of the bed, when the weight of the people were in it. Has anyone had the same issue? It ends up jack knifing too much.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Pull-out bed won't stay flay

Actualy I have had that problem. I don't know if your cause is the same as mine but here is what I found.
On each side of the portion that unfolds there are two arms. They are held to the side frame by two bolts that they rotate on. There are also two bolts bolted to the side that those two arms rest on when the bed is opened up.
One of those resting bolts was no longer secured to the frame and that allowed the bed to jacknife.
These bolts are secured to the frame by screwing into a nut that is welded on the frame. In my case the weld on the nut let go.
It was a simple fix. I removed the bottom drawer. Then I just took out that bolt and added a washer and jam nut, so now there is a nut on each side of the frame.
All is good now.
The pic is a before repair shot. I do not have the after picture. If you need that I will get it for you.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 99

Dylan

Actualy I have had that problem. I don't know if your cause is the same as mine but here is what I found.
On each side of the portion that unfolds there are two arms. They are held to the side frame by two bolts that they rotate on. There are also two bolts bolted to the side that those two arms rest on when the bed is opened up.
One of those resting bolts was no longer secured to the frame and that allowed the bed to jacknife.
These bolts are secured to the frame by screwing into a nut that is welded on the frame. In my case the weld on the nut let go.
It was a simple fix. I removed the bottom drawer. Then I just took out that bolt and added a washer and jam nut, so now there is a nut on each side of the frame.
All is good now.
The pic is a before repair shot. I do not have the after picture. If you need that I will get it for you.

Peace
Dave
Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Pull the drawer out as far as it will go.
Then look closely at the drawer glides on each side of the drawer.
You will see a small black plastic lever.
One side you will move the lever up and on the other side you will move the lever down.
When you move the lever it will release the slide and you will be able to pull the drawer all the way out.

Peace
Dave

chris4905

Dylan-

I went out and checked the bed on our unit, and guess what..................the bolts were loose.

My loose bolts had their own nuts, not the nuts welded to the frame. Bighorn used a standard hex nuts on the bolts and the use of the bed caused the nuts to work loose. I removed the hex nuts and replaced with some self locking locks that will not loosen with use.

(Heartland tech people, are you listening to this entire thread...........?????)