Level up trailer lifting

Bobby A

We had the level up installed last October on our way south so we haven't had much time to play with the system and how it works cause we have been stationary for the last 7 months. My question is what is the procedure to lift the back 4 level up jacks high enough to get the tires off the ground in case of a flat or in my case wanting to get under the trailer to greese up the wet bolts. I've been told that the fitting will except greese better if weight is off the axles ?? Maybe some of you can walk me through the process. I wanna get under there and lube all the fittings now before I have my hip replacement in a couple weeks. I'm sure I won't be doing any crawling around under the trailer for a while, after the surgery.

Thanks in advance,
Bobby A

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bobby, on your LevelUp keypad you will just need to turn it on then scroll up to the manual mode. Hit enter. Then push the left button to raise the left side and the right button to lift the right side. You may have to alternate sides when you do this. If you lift only one side you will go beyond the electronic maximum for being off level and it will stop lifting till you raise the other side up a bit. This will extend all three legs on each side.
When you are done, again scroll up to the manual mode, hit enter and then push the retract button. Then use the right and left buttons to lower the rig.
DO NOT USE 'AUTO RETRACT'.

Peace
Dave

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
That's right he was showing everyone what not to do!! See you learned what not to do!! The look on his face was priceless !!LOL!!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
It must have not been on camera! It did he do?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

katkens-DW

No it was not we had just got to the campground and he had just unhooked. Everyone was there Jon ,Jim Dave and who knows who els. Well he hit the wrong button he hit Auto retract instead of auto Level It was not funny till we saw the trailer had no damage we got luckily!!!

2psnapod2

Good thing it worked out for you guys. I worry about everytime I hit the auto-retract! It drops the front so quickly!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

katkens-DW

Just so you know the truck was not under the Trailer!! He had already moved the truck!! The trailer went all the way to the ground!! Scary Scary!!

Bobby A

Thanks all for the replys, I will make note of never use the auto retract, I'm assuming thats when the nose goes all the way to the ground and back ??

katkens

Thanks all for the replys, I will make note of never use the auto retract, I'm assuming thats when the nose goes all the way to the ground and back ??

Bobby if you do hit the auto retract ,I guarantee you won't do it again. It will definitely scare the pudding right out of you.....LOL.......Ken

2psnapod2

I don't really think using the auto retract is bad. It is lowering the front and removing the pressure on the rear legs. I just would not do it with your truck under the front.

katkens

I don't really think using the auto retract is bad. It is lowering the front and removing the pressure on the rear legs. I just would not do it with your truck under the front.

I have to say its really kinda bad to do it, I had to replace 9 screws on top of the cap that sheared off from the jolt.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bobby, use the auto retract after you are hitched. Just don't use it when you are not hitched up.

Peace
Dave

After you turn on the unit, select manual mode, depress the "rear" button and all four rear jacks will extend.
Don't try to raise each side at a time. I would use blocks or jack stands under the frame, once you reach the
desired height, just to be safe.

Bobby A

O.K. thanks guys, but I have one more question, is it o.k. to raise the trailer off the ground while slides are out ??

Thanks so much,
Bobby

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One of the benefits of the Level Up is that it will raise the trailer equally therefor will not have any twisting or distortion of the frame.
Not being an expert I would say yes it's OK.
I raise mine with the slides out.

Peace
Dave